• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sailor Moon, Any of You Guys Ever Heard of It/watched It?

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
So I was just wondering if any of you guys here on the forums have ever watched an anime called Sailor Moon. It was released in Japan in the early 90s and dubbed to English in America in the late 90s. I'm actually watching the end of the 3rd season right now. :D

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
Same here! I recently got the entire series plus the movies for my 16th birthday! It kinda makes me mad that some people have heard of Samuri Jack, but not of Sailor Moon!

I loved watching Sailor Moon when I was a kid. I never finished watching all of it though. I stopped in the third season. Back when I was a freshman in high school, I tried watching it again. I got to the third season, and again, stopped there. I don't know why, but I just can't get past that season.

I've also played Sailor Moon: Another Story, which was a Super Nintendo game. It was an RPG only released in Japan, but there was a fan translation of it. It's actually an excellent game.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
They were airing in America at the same time. And I'm pretty sure they were only an hour apart in airing time too. That's why. It doesn't make me as mad as people getting Link and Zelda mixed up though.

What, were they?
I watched Sailor Moon when it was on a 6AM in the morning and Samurai Jack came on at 9 or 930 I think.
Maybe I'm just older than I think.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I used to love Sailor Moon when I was like 8 or 9 years old. I don't remember a lot of it, but I remember I was impressed that they were normal girls who turned into these superhero-goddess things. I also liked that there was a hierarchy of connected villains, each one more powerful than the previous. (kind of like DBZ)

watched it on the old toonami, i thought it was pretty okay! obviously being a guy my favorite toonami show was DBZ, but this show was not bad

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
They were anime. Samuri Jack is still on air at like midnight now and Sailor Moon isn't still on air because Dic lost the rights to it ): Which is also why the last season was never dubbed to English :(

I think there were other reasons Dic dropped it as well, I think maybe because of content, but who knows. There's always something strange with the industry these days. And really is it? What channel do they show Samurai Jack on?

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I think there were other reasons Dic dropped it as well, I think maybe because of content, but who knows. There's always something strange with the industry these days. And really is it? What channel do they show Samurai Jack on?

Boomerang, it's channel 298 if you have DirecTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom