• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest Zelda Song

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I'd say Midna's Lament, Farewell Hyrule King, or In Remembrance of Byrne.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Here's my top six songs (least sad to most sad) on the subject. Why top six? Because I feel like it this time around.

#6. Ezlo's Past

And then there's Ezlo's Past from Minish Cap. This was a very sad song when I first heard it, and it completely encompasses the feeling of Ezlo's sadness at Vaati's betrayal of him. It just really strikes me as very sad.

#5. Song of Healing

The Song of Healing was sad to be sure. After all, it was used when people died or were dying most of the time (the one and only exception being when you get the Gibdo Mask, but it was still sad that a little girl had to be so brave and stuff, that really gets to me the most out of all the major times you use the Song of Healing). However, the way it sounds towards the end makes it sound very optimistic, almost as though it's like "[character's name you healed here], don't worry, Link will carry on your tasks and finish what you were not able to" which actually is exactly what happens in all of the times you use it, save for when you get the Gibdo Mask.

#4. Serenade of Water (Rutela Remix)

Then there's the Serenade of Water (Rutela remix). That's definately one of the top contenders in my book and with good reason. The song is like the living embodiment of sadness, completely encompassing the sadness that Prince Ralis must go through when he regains his health as well as the sadness of Queen Rutela not being able to be with her one and only son any more. That just gets to me so much.

#3. Aryll's Kidnapping

Aryll's Kidnapping is also incredibly sad. Not for the first 40 seconds, but by the time 0:42 kicks in, the sad part begins and it's like you really feel Link's pain of having his sister kidnapped by a giant bird, never to be seen again.

#2. Grandma

Another top contender is Grandma from WW. I don't know whether or not it's my nostalgia speaking, but this is just so sad. To see Aryll, so sweet and innocent, being spirited away by the Helmarock King and then his kind old Grandma break down in sadness until it drives her to be physically ill.

#1. Ballad of the Wind Fish

There were quite a few contenders for the top spot on my list, ranging from Princess Zelda's Theme from WW (I swear, Zelda's Lullaby has to be the most remixed song in the series, heck ST had a full three remixes of the darned song) to Aryll's Theme from WW, but the second I heard The Ballad of the Wind Fish again, I knew I had found my number one saddest Zelda song.

It just captures that feeling of never being able to come back to Koholint Island, or even being able to see the people you grew fond of (Marin and Tarin for one). It's all around a very sad song.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
A few of mine are (not in any particular order) :

Wind Waker Credits
When Byrne Dies
Spirit Tracks Ending (when Anjean says that they'll be back)
Minish Cap Ending (when Ezlo leaves)
Ballad of the Wind Fish (at the very end, when the island disappears)
Medli's Prayer (when she plays it to give power to the Master Sword)

Those are most of them.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I would have to go with the Wind Waker Theme, specifically the version during the credits. It doesn't really sound that sad... But Wind Waker is a piece of my childhood so I just get sentimental whenever I hear that song. The same goes for the Dragonroost Island theme. TP's sacred grove sounded pretty sad and maudlin to me too, but other than the ones that make me sentimental, I don't think any of them sound sad really.

F

FierceDeityLink

The saddest song to me is just about anything in MM. It is just a sad game.

L

Link's Shadow

For me it's the "Song of Healing" from MM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beeker

Wild Card
There are quite a few songs in Zelda that I believe are sad, but for different reasons. Some of these are the Giants' theme and Final Hour from MM(I get a sad sort of feeling when listening to these) and Midna's Lament.

Then there are also times that the music gives a sad atmosphere to the game/story. To me these are the songs that play during times like when the King of Hyrule and Midna bid their farewells. The song of Healing also seems to do the same thing to me. Whenever I play these parts in the games, I feel like crying not just because of what's going on, but also because of the music. Petman1235 is right about Koji Kondo creating atmosphere with music.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
The saddest would be the song that plays in Twilight Princess when you tell the citizens of Ordon that their children are alive.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think the saddest song in all of the series probably has to be in the beginning of the second part to the TP credits. Midna is saying goodbye and Link doesn't realize it right away as to what she is doing. It's very sad music and it just gets even better as the songs continues.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The saddest Zelda song I've heard is that of the Wind Fish awakening. No other song has touched my worrisome heart. Seeing the place where you had fun with Marin and Tarin, seeing the place that you explored and had fun disappear, that was saddening.

C

Coldspectar

Song of Storms

Song of storms from MM is for me. There have been lots of sad songs throughout the games but This song made me cry... No other song has ever done that. 2nd would be oath to order, sounds saddish.

Conor

the over analysing guy
probably Midna's Lament for the time it's being played, or Requiem of spirit just because of that word Requiem, and the realization of what it signifies.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I think the saddest song is the Deku Tree song. I think it very well portrayed the somberness of the scenes with the Deku Tree, and I always feel a bit of sorrow whenever I hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom