• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest Zelda Scene

Well I've never played MGS, but somehow I think I'd like Zelda more. Oh, and Timelag, you might not have been talking about sadness in MGS, but this whole thread is about the saddest scene, just from a different game, so why would you give Inflexus a hard time about it? He was just coming up with his own ideas, not relating them to what you said.

Actually on topic now, I wouldn't want Midna to come back in a later game, because it would ruin the sadness of the ending of TP, even if it wasn't that sad.

Chidori

Mongrel
I have to disagree with you there. While MG's story is awesome, Zelda's is even more awesome.

Hmm... I wonder which one you're talking about. I mean, they're all different which creates a huge confusion in the Timeline. Well people have opinions.

Well I've never played MGS, but somehow I think I'd like Zelda more. Oh, and Timelag, you might not have been talking about sadness in MGS, but this whole thread is about the saddest scene, just from a different game, so why would you give Inflexus a hard time about it? He was just coming up with his own ideas, not relating them to what you said.

No, I brought Metal Gear up as a sideline of my post about me liking it better than Zelda's story. It has nothing to do with Zelda whatsoever.

Now, I'll definitely get banned if I keep trolling so for here I'll say... Um... The saddest Zelda scene is ACTUALLY... The cut scene where Link puts the Zora Mask on...

Chidori

Mongrel
What's your definition of sad...?

I find it funny how I got the exact same question from Mases in the ShoutBox... I just say it because when Link screams, it sort of resembles sadness in a way...? Well it had to be something like that, I haven't found not 1 Zelda ending sad.

If the question was about the saddest overall game, MM would win hands down since it has more really sad scenes than I care to count, but I think the single saddest Zelda scene is the ending of Link's Awakening. Throughout the entire game Link is told by the nightmares that if the windfish awakens the world will disappear. At the end of the game when you see different characters and elements of the world you've been exploring for so long disappear forever, it is really sad, especially knowing that Link is the reason it's all gone. Kudos to nintendo for creating such a touching scene with 8 bit graphics.

T

tingle-rocks

mm in all it is probbobly the sadest video game ever (as well as having one of the best storys and gameplay of all time) espesilly when the moon is goona fall and loads of pepole just wait
p.s mm is the best game ever

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
My saddest zelda scene is the third day in mm mask when anju is in her room waiting to die.And mm credits when it shows the deku butler crying at the dead deku(his son)...makes me want to cry.

i haven't got there yet but that sounds really sad.the saddest scene for me is at the end of twilight princess when link see the top of minda's head thing and then gandorf crush's it. and i also have to say when minda goes back to the twilight relm and then she breaks the mirror so they can't see each other again!

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
as most of you, my saddest scene would also be in MM but not the ending.
my saddesest scene would be the cutscene after you play the song of healing to heal darmani's soul to obtain the goron mask.

the cool thing about MM it has rather a dark storyline with grief and despair.
so many people has their own problems and not to forget that the moon is gonna crash in 3 days. thats one huge key factor for me why that makes MM unique.

linkman8

True and Noble
I agree with you there, Oni. MM did have either some dark themes or some sad themes involved, for example with Darmani, or with Mikau. Mikau could never play in his band ever again because he died, so with both of them, they leave unfinished business in the world. Unfinished business, by the way, we have to do. It's almost like the masks are their ghosts..

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I agree with you there, Oni. MM did have either some dark themes or some sad themes involved, for example with Darmani, or with Mikau. Mikau could never play in his band ever again because he died, so with both of them, they leave unfinished business in the world. Unfinished business, by the way, we have to do. It's almost like the masks are their ghosts..

Lol, ironicly i laughed at the part with mikau, with his "Aaaaauw, Baby, YAY!" song.
The game itself is cool that you get involved with the problems of the people.

the whole ranch sidequest was also one of the things that was sad.
romani want to protect cows.
sister doesn 't believe romani.
cows get kidnapped by aliens along with romani.
romani lost her memory and sister feels guilty.
too late for sister.

G

Glided Sword

The Twilight Princess ending, the Minish Cap Ending, and the Ocarina of Time, ending.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I think MM's is full of rather melancholy moments since it impossible to resolve all stories at once and you see a lot of character out of them.

How about Link's Awakening's ending? The end result of victory is erasing an island full of people from existence even if they are nothing but the Wind Fish's dream. The Ballad of the Windfish itself is a pretty sad sounding song to.

I agree that MM was a very sad game (and awesome at that) and the ending of TP was sad too. but I think one of the saddest parts is when Link first leaves the forest in ocarina of time. Saria looked so sad!

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
MM had lots of sad parts. I can't really think of which part I found the saddest though.
The ending of TP was kinda sad the first time as well.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Majora's Mask wasn't just sad, it was downright depressing. The ending where Kafai and Anju are killed by the moon is a real downer.

I found Twilight Princess' ending much sadder, and not in a depressing way. The idea of losing a friend forever has always been one of my biggest fears, so its ending really got to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom