• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Saddest Zelda Moment?

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Personally, I narrowed down a list of what I think are the saddest moments in the Legend of Zelda, from Game 1 to Skyward Sword. Keep in mind that this is my list, so post yours below.

3. Mikau's Death, Majora's Mask - This wasn't that sad, but you had to watch a rather somber scene as you listened to his last will in a sense.
2. Koholint Island disappears, Link's Awakening - You grow to identify with some of these characters. Some of us have even hoped that Marin would end up hooking up with Link. In the end, the island vanishes, with everyone on it.
1. Midna's Sacrifice, Twilight Princess - You spend all this time in the game, slowly growing to like Midna both for her usefulness and personality. You make it to the end of the game and confront Ganon. Then she teleports you away and sacrifices herself to attempt to defeat Ganon. The music for that scene always manages to tug a heartstring whenever I hear it.

Anyone else have a soft side for some moments in Zelda?

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
One that might get overlooked is the flute boy in ALttP, whenever he's unable to play his flute in the Dark World and wishes to hear it be played one last time.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'd say Mikau's Death. It is quite emotional when he tells you that he got mortally injured when he was trying to save Lulu's eggs. And his wish to be with his band for the last time is also quite emotional.

Thought that in Twilight Princess Link's goodbye to Queen Rutela, after saving her son, and then seeing Prince Ralis kneeling at the gravesite of his parents was pretty sad.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
the ending of OoT because you save the world to go back in time and not get hooked up with the princess

K

kidd sisco5150

I think it was when Midna had to say goodbye when going back to the twilight realm, She even cried how much sadder can it get.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
The whole series is filled with heart-rending moments. The most moving one (which I'm surprised nobody mentioned) was Wind Waker's ending. It actually made me cry. The king leaves himself behind so a new land can begin. So sad!

Mikau's death was also sad- the part where he was with his band one last time almost made me cry.

Kohonolit Island's disappearance was also beautifully sad. When Marin appeared at the no-deaths ending, I cried again. I do cry easily, I noticed.

I think its very sad when at the end of oot zelda and link part ways.

The part where medli realised she was a sage and then realised she had to leave komali behind.

And also when mikau tells you he got mortally wounded when trying to rescue lu lu's eggs.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
You've managed to complete the Anju/Kafei Quest. The lovers are reunited. You get the couple mask. Even in the face of chaos and destruction, love has won.
AND THEN YOU TURN BACK TIME, get warped back to the clock tower and see Kafei with the Keaton mask, going to the mailbox. For them, nothing has changed.

Midna's farewell is a close second place, though.

Definitely Midna's farewell. It was powerful and full of emotion because Link was with Midna for his whole quest and they became very close friends, and now it was time to say goodbye :]

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I'm surprised no one's mentioned this.

In Majora's Mask, if you go to the pond on the second day when it's raining, you'll meet Anju. She tells you some pretty emotional stuff.
Here's a video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmmm. Some parts I found sad...

1. Midna's farewell. I mean, you go through the whole game growing close to the darn imp, witness little moments between her and Link. They're clearly close by the end (even if you aren't a shipper for them, it is clear that they are friends). Then she goes, presumably to never return.

2. The whole entire sub-story of Queen Rutella.

3. Reuniting Kafei and Anju jerked tears right out of me. Reuinted only to meet their deaths, but doing so bravely...together. However, I hesitate to say it's the saddest Zelda moment just because they did get to be together, and they get to live when you turn back time and defeat Majora.

4. The Flute Boy from A Link to the Past.

5. The sacrifice of the King and the drowning of Hyrule at the end of Wind Waker. It's this total "definite end of an era" thing combined with a man going down with his kingdom.

Definitely the scene in Ikana Canyon (MM) where you realize that Pamela was living with a zombie version of her father. Anything with kids gets me...this may be the one time I teared up during a zelda game :(

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Everytime when Ganon dies, I emotionally break down, he didn't do anything to deserve death when you really look at him, he is really mistaken and might just be one of the nicest mistaken characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom