• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Saddest Moment in Majora's Mask

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Anju and Kafei's story was probably the saddest moment for me. After all they went through, to know that it was the end and be willing to face it together... it was beautiful. :kawaii: I would like to see emotional moments like these in future Zelda games.

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
The saddest part for me is definitely Darmani and his little nephew. How the baby just cries and when he sees Link, Link doesn't have the courage to tell him he's not Darmani. [according to the manga.]

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Not sure if it exactly qualifies as sad... But right when Kafei runs into Anju's arms and those strings start playing... I guess it's not sad, more happy... But I just lost it there.

For me (rating just as highly as the Butler, but someone else has gone and said that already) was the first time I talked to the Town Guards during the final moments of the moon's fall. In the beginning, they're stalwart and noble, objecting to letting a child wander the dangerous wilds. As the game progresses they hold to their vows. And at the end, when it seems all is for naught? They stand there shaking in terror, professing the desire to drop their spears and flee for their lives. But even then, in spite of everything, even their own Captain's misgivings, they still hold to their posts. It's clear they can do nothing in the face of this calamity, but you'll never see a single unmanned gate in Clock Town.

EDIT: Honorable mention goes to the moment shared between Link and Captain Keeta, finally allowing the old Captain to truly rest.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I have to say that the saddest moment for me was after beating Majora. I felt so bad for the poor Skull Kid...Even though Link, Tatl, and Tael forgave him and told him they would be his friend, I was still so sad that he had to go through all of that just because he was lonely. I know, I know...the mask made him do it.

I admit it; I cried when Link left to go on with his journey. Couldn't he have stayed to enjoy the festival with his friends?

It's such a bittersweet moment that gets me every time.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
The moment that jerked the most tears out of me was something that was weirdly both happy and sad at the same time, courage under fire, love despite tragedy - that kind of thing:

When you complete what you need to do to get the Couple's Mask. Kafei and Anju embrace and tell you to get out of there as the sounds and shakes of the moon's decent are all around you. All you *can* do is play the Song of Time and save yourself. Kafei and Anju say that no matter what, they will "face the dawn together."

I rarely ever cry over videogames. I shed a few tears when I first played MM there.

YES. I felt so many things at that moment when Anju and Kafei realized their fate and faced it together, it was so cool :).

Another moment that made me feel "sad" was the reunion of Pamela and her father. Though it was a happy thing that occurred, with the Song of Healing playing in the background, and knowing what Pamela had to go through living by herself in Ikana Canyon, you can't help but feel for the poor girl. :(

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Did anyone else nearly cry when they got into the moon and had to do the Goron's challenge? I swear it took at least 3 hours for me to get it right...and later I learned it was the place with the only heart piece I missed...:puppy:

#ihatemylife

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The moment 3DS was announced and MM fans immediately complained because it could never be as perfect as the one on the N64.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The moment 3DS was announced and MM fans immediately complained because it could never be as perfect as the one on the N64.

Yea that makes me both sad and mad. Why are people complaining we are finally getting it on the 3DS. But ingame the saddest moment is the stark reality of Ikana. An entire countries people are forced to carry on after their death knowing no rest nor peace but to forever be plagued by garo spirits. I felt so much elation when Twinmold died. It meant that i had successfully freed an entire nation from an existence they most certainly didn't want.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Yea that makes me both sad and mad. Why are people complaining we are finally getting it on the 3DS. But ingame the saddest moment is the stark reality of Ikana. An entire countries people are forced to carry on after their death knowing no rest nor peace but to forever be plagued by garo spirits. I felt so much elation when Twinmold died. It meant that i had successfully freed an entire nation from an existence they most certainly didn't want.

No kidding, Ikana scared me pretty badly, but it was also really depressing. The Garo made me the most curious and kinda sad. I can't help but pity people I can't help fully, even if its a video game.

Yea that makes me both sad and mad. Why are people complaining we are finally getting it on the 3DS.

Because they're ungrateful & they don't think the game deserved a remake. I'm glad it's getting one because it'll be a long time before I re-buy the original N64 version.

As for saddest moment, I'm not too sure. Probably the Deku Butler suffering the loss of his son. While other characters got better, the butler's son didn't. There are others, but I always thought this was the saddest to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom