• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest Games (so Far)

I haven't really cried when playing a game. It's just a rush of emotions I experience with certain of them. One that come to mind is Heavy Rain.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
No one mentioned Mother 3? Well, let's go into detail straight away. Contains spoilers of Mother 3
The Mother series has made men cry since the first game in 1989. But the saddest of all is the 3rd installment: Mother 3.
The game is different to the other two games; You go around an island instead of a city and it is set after the two games. This game also reveals some extra information about what happened at the end of both games, like the world eventually ending due to Mankind.
The emotions in this game shift. There are so many humerous parts, like F***ad slipping of the Thunder Tower, and some sad Moments, like when the dragon awakens and Claus the Masked Man kills himself. However, watching the ending doesn't really have the effect of the ending when you play the game. The game is even sadder when you name the characters after your family.

Before the mother(Default name = Hinawa) dies, you get to know her. She's kind, gentle and loving. However, she saved Lucas and Claus (Default name of the twins) by sacrificing herself, causing her to be attacked by the Drago. You play as Flint(Default name for the father) to try and find them, until Bronson brings you the bad news. This causes Flint to freak out, scaring Lucas and Claus.

For the death of the Masked Man.... He is your rival in the game. It's a race to pull the needles the save the Nowhere Islands and only those with a special Skill, PK Love(Hence my name, even though it can be changed depending on your favourite thing, chosen at the beginning at the game) can pull the needles. An order of destruction will happen if one with a bad heart pulls more needles than those with a good heart, but those with a good heart pull out more needles than bad, the world would of been saved from Chaos. The Masked Man tries to kill you; using Mechanical Gorillas to fight you, and finally coming head to head with you. After beating him, he flies off, and you try to make it to the final needle. Before you finally get to the needle, Flint tells Lucas that the Masked Man is actually Claus, his long lost brother. (He went out to kill the Draco that killed Hinawa) When you finally get to the needle, the Masked Man is there, about to pull it. He fires Lightning at you, but your franklin badge reflects it, beginning the final boss of Mother 3.
Knowing it's his brother, Lucas is unable to fight, while Claus continues to attack him. Every few turns, Hinawa, as a ghost, speaks to them, but it is unable to the Masked Man. During the second part, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-EKQp4Hedk this sad music plays, and the message finally get's through to the Masked Man, and he takes off his Mask, revealing he is actually Claus. He then shoots an intense bolt of lightning, reflecting off Lucas' Franklin Badge(He intended this), ultimately killing himself.
He then hugs Lucas, and dies, and one of the saddest scenes in the game plays.

Truely, you need to play the game

Gizmo

Isn't it Captain Keeta?!
Actually I think Portal is very sad if you imagine how Chell feels. There is no one to talk with except for a crazy computer that wants to kill her and lies to her all the time. And everywhere you can see things and notes people left that are gone or dead. And finally you never never never get out of that damn facility .___.
I don't think GLaDOS really set her free after Portal 2. That's probably just another lie.

For me, I've had a couple games that I got sad from playing. The one game I thought that was particularly striking was Cave Story when
Curly dies. Everyone else dies too (what with the floating island going kaboom and whatnot), but Curly's death struck me the most because of how much she was developed and characterized as a truly lovable character. And when she sacrifices herself to save your life, I actually had to pause the game and cry for a few minutes. I didn't sob, but I felt the most emotion from a game I've ever felt thus far.
But then I found out you could avoid all that by way of some secret that leads to a 'best ending'.
Still, I thought that part was pretty sad when I got to it.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
To me it is a tie between Radiant history (have not finished the game) and mother 3. For both of them the character development is amazing and some moments may be be cliche but they make it better then the cliche by making it so you fell connected to the characters. Radiant Historia takes it a step farther and shows how your choice effect the world (some of the bad endings bring it down)

Right, well if you haven't played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (and I strongly urge you to do so) you will dismiss this comment as a joke. However, I think that the "proper" ending for this game (after defeating Rayquaza) is an incredibly moving moment and is the saddest moment in any game I've played. I will not spoil the ending and I would put a video here for people who won't play the game or don't mind spoilers but I think you can't really understand it unless you've played th whole game.

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
Kingdom Hearts (when Sora gives up his heart for Kairi), Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days (the whole game is just sad) and Mother 3 (...I don't even need to explain this one).

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
The saddest game I've ever played was Final Fantasy VII and I'm sure you all know why. The only video game that has EVER made me cry.

Right, well if you haven't played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (and I strongly urge you to do so) you will dismiss this comment as a joke. However, I think that the "proper" ending for this game (after defeating Rayquaza) is an incredibly moving moment and is the saddest moment in any game I've played. I will not spoil the ending and I would put a video here for people who won't play the game or don't mind spoilers but I think you can't really understand it unless you've played th whole game.

oooo, that also comes to mind, like you said, very moving. :(

Sir Analog

Hope Rides Alone
Sonic Adventure 2 (don't hate). At the end when Shadow "dies". As a kid, that just brought tears to my eyes. And then they had to "bring him back to life". Should have just kept it at Sonic Heroes and not spoil it with Shadow the Hedgehog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom