• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past 's Dungeons?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
What did you think of ALttP's dungeons? Were they hard, easy, or just really fun? Personally, I hated them all (so far) except for Hyrule Castle at the beginning of the game. I've only made it to the Dark Palace, which is the first one in the Dark World. EDIT: Actually I pretty much just hate the Desert Palace and the Dark Palace. All of the other ones are good, but just REALLY hard.

Discuss.

Last edited:
L

lemsklex

I enjoyed all of them. Some were hard, but for me that made them fun, and even when they were easy I still enjoyed them. They had a lot of interesting items and fun bosses. They also had cool concepts, like in the Swamp Palace, (or maybe it was Misery Mire...), where you lowered the water level, or something, to continue exploring.

Austin

Austin
I love them, personally. They aren't too difficult in regards to their puzzles, but the enemy strength and reflexes required are immense. Not to mention the bosses. This is the one game other than the original LoZ where I actually need to make use of potions on a regular basis. Also, they're a HUGE improvement over the dungeons in LoZ, as the only real aesthetic difference between those dungeons are the color of the floors. All of the dungeons in ALttP have different environments and atmospheres. It's hard to say what my favorite is, but I think I liked the Skull Woods the most. I liked how the dungeon was segmented and required you to move in and out of the overworld in order to complete it.

Kybyrian

Love how you added to the tag, haha.

In my opinion, A Link to the Past's dungeons were great. They were pretty difficult, especially Skull Woods, and were all entertaining. I believe that's what we need in the Zelda games, but what they've been lacking. A mix of good difficulty and fun. Potions are actually useful in this game because of the dungeons. The bosses are difficult in their own ways as well, and all 2x more fun to battle than the dungeon.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
For it's time, A Link to the Past dungeons were great. They were also fun, and mid-difficultly. The only dungeon that I hated was the Dark Palace, and maybe Misery Mire.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Without a doubt, they're the best dungeons in the series, IMO. It improved upon LoZ's non-linear dungeons, a concept that the later games seemed to abandon. The puzzles are subtle, but they're present. Instead of having to clear a puzzle to advance to the next room, the whole dungeon felt like one big puzzle and really made you think where you were supposed to go next. Like others have said, the dungeons were difficult and it was one of the only games where potions were actually useful.

I think the difficulty was just right. It was a challenge to figure out all of the puzzles and get through each dungeon, but I loved it that way.

I miss the difficulty of games on the SNES. Nowadays games are way too easy and can be beat blindfolded.

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
I liked most of them except the light world's tower (Forgot the name of the place) just cause of the boss

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I thought the dark world dungeons were good but really really hard I liked the light world dungeons as well but they were not as good and kind of easy except for the last one it had a hard boss I fell a lot on that boss.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Most of them were pretty hard. Ganon's Tower wasn't too hard if you had enough faries, potions, and supplies. I HATED Misery Mire, Swamp Palace, Darkness Palace and almost all the others (except Hyrule Castle). I'll think of more later.

they were everything the games of today are missing in terms of difficulty. nintendo needs to bring back to kind of boss fights that had you on your toes just praying that the next blow wont kill you. they were just so intense bosses today are just big punching bags. but puzzle wise i think they have improved over the years, they have been more intuitive with the ds and wii. i just hope skyward sword will bring back a little bit of the difficulty.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I thoroughly enjoyed all of ALttP's dungeons. My favourite is the Ice Palace, as well, despite the fact that it had a rather boring item. I liked the segment where you had to jump through a (mostly) vertical maze by weaving in and out of holes in the floor. I would have loved Misery Mire a lot more if it took better use of the Cane of Somaria, but that item is never used to its full creative potential; the best use of it was probably the 5th dungeon boss in OoA -- but I digress. I love the difficulty of the puzzles and of the enemies, although the dungeons do feel occasionally short. Excellent dungeons in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom