• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Rupee Shortage, Any Secrets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

druminpython

Hi there!
Im new to this forum. I found it when I was looking for a walthrough for the first LoZ. I have been following the guide very closely but I seemed to have run out of rupees. I am always needing to buy a new red potion and I now have to buy a new magic sheild because a friggin likelike ate mine.
I have been to all of the secret moblin stations that are stated in the guide but I need more! any seceret money making techniques?

ANY help would be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

-Matt

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
this is the method i use. complete the first few dungeons, use the items to get the extra hearts, i think you need 7 hearts, go "to the man beneath the waterfall" , get the Lv2 sword, go to dungeon 3. the first and second rooms are filled with Big Blobs and when you hit them instead of splitting they will drop rupees (usually), kill them all, leave the dungeon. lather, rinse, repeat. it takes time but its worth it in the long run.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Whenever I needed rupees I would go to the first dungeon and grind the stalfos' in there, exit, go back in and kill them again etc. They're easy to kill and it seemed like they had a higher percentage of dropping rupees. This is just what I did though, there are probably better ways of getting rupees.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Go to the graveyard and keep a close eye on the first Ghini on the screen. Then touch all the other grave stones, which will cause more Ghinis to appear. Lastly, find the original Ghini and kill it. Doing this will cause all of the others to vanish and leave behind a variety of droppable items (like rupees, hearts, magic clocks, ect). I'm not sure how many screens of the graveyard there are exactly, but depending on how many Ghinis you activate, you can easily get a ton of money if you do that trick.

If not, then head to level two and kill the ropes (snakes). They frequently leave behind blue rupees. =)

On the site, I used to work in the Legend of Zelda section, so I know quite a bit. There's a trick in the Graveyard where you remember which Ghini is the original and touch all the other graves. Kill the original Ghini and the rest will disappear leaving behind rupees and other goodies.

If that doesn't work for you, hidden throughout Hyrule are plenty of gambling games you can play, but beware, you can lose rupees too. It costs 10 rupees to play and you can win anything from 10 to 50 Rupees.
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda01-the-legend-of-zelda-money-making-game.php

Now, I never got around to starting the rest of these guides, so they won't be as helpful as the last one, but they still can help. As I'm sure you know, there are plenty of Moblin hideouts with rupee rewards stashed away throughout Hyrule. Here's a guide to every last one of them in both quests.
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda01-the-legend-of-zelda-secret-rupees.php

But, be warned. There are some places you want to avoid where a passage will be revealed, but inside an angry citizen of Hyrule will ask for the money to repair his home.
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda01-the-legend-of-zelda-door-repairs.php

I hope those guides help!

Go two screens right from the start screen and kill some blue tektites. They leave 5 rupee pieces 2/3 of the time. The ghini method works too but make sure you at least have the white sword.

dungeon 2. The snakes leave tons of cash... and they come right to you when you are in a horizontal or vertical path from them... It may take you like 15 minutes but you can come out with your 65 rupees for a potion in no time.

wow thats exactly what i do! but there is another hundred rupee moblin in the overworld...

well i dont remember but in the guide I THINK they missed a one hundred rupee location! do you remember the heart container that you get from bombing the wall a couple screens to the right of the start? well, if you go up on screen, then under one of the first bushes is another 100 rupee moblin! i hope this helps!

well i dont remember but in the guide I THINK they missed a one hundred rupee location! do you remember the heart container that you get from bombing the wall a couple screens to the right of the start? well, if you go up on screen, then under one of the first bushes is another 100 rupee moblin! i hope this helps!:)

G

Glorian

dungeon 2. The snakes leave tons of cash... and they come right to you when you are in a horizontal or vertical path from them... It may take you like 15 minutes but you can come out with your 65 rupees for a potion in no time.

Or, go to level 3 and kill the Jellies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom