• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rumour that Microsoft is looking to buy Platinum Games and next Xbox specs rumour

Rumour that Microsoft is looking to buy Platinum Games and next Xbox specs rumour

This was part of a leak into the new XBox specs. Rumour leak, that's all. The original leak was on resetter but they put them all on imgur too.
https://imgur.com/gallery/i3TnTKk

Here's the summary of it all.

MS rumoured future acquisitions
Asobo Studio
IO Interactive
Platinum Games
Turtle Rock Studios
Bluepoint Games
Relic Entertainment
The Farm 51

New Xbox Specs

Streaming box - $249
CPU - Custom 8 cores, 16 theads Zen 2 Cpu
GPU - Custom Navi @ 4 teraflops
Memory - 12GB GDDR6
Storage - 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1GB/s
Direct X Ray Tracing + MS AI

New full console - $499
CPU - Custom 8 cores, 16 theads Zen 2 Cpu
GPU - Custom Navi @ 12 teraflops
Memory - 16GB GDDR6
Storage - 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1GB/s
Direct X Ray Tracing + MS AI

Since both are the similar what this says to me is it looks like the full console will just be a beefier version of the streaming box. Higher clock speeds, more memory etc etc.

Both to release end of year 2020.
The SDK Software Development Kit, (MS like to call it XDK) for the new consoles is supposedly being sent out to certain developers in a few months, April or May maybe.

Possible launch games
Halo Infinite
Age of Empires 4
Perfect Dark
Forza Motorsport
Killer Instinct 2
Bleeding Edge

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
They better not, they don't deserve Platinum Games after what they did to them with Bayonetta 2. Nintendo better intervene this time so we don't lose them like Rare.

If this happens, Nintendo should buy the rights to Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101. I think the former is so entrenched with Nintendo now that Bayo is in Smash. But The Wonderful 101 should get a second chance. I think it fits well with Nintendo's game catalog.

The specs of the streaming box do not make sense, you do not need 12GB VRAM to stream a game, and you also do not need the storage space. Also, ray tracing is NVidia only right now and given its current form performance wise, does anybody care about RTX?

Also, I find it very unlikely that Microsoft would buy that many studios. And lets hope that they do not buy them...
it would also be a shift to being a more consumer-focused Microsoft, and that is the complete opposite direction of where MS is going right now, as MS is focused on the business market - especially with Azure and Office365/Microsoft365 - and dropping a lot of consumer services like Groove, Cortana, Windows Mobile, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom