• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rumored PS4 Price?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So am sure a lot of us are aware of Sony's recent teaser proposing the announcement of the PS4 and like many I was baffled by this decision for early marketing as well as Sony's current stand in financial terms. So a big question that was on a lot of people's mind was the price of the console itself as we saw that the Wii U retailed for a fair price for an 8th generation console and with the PS3's release came a huge price tag.

If you don't know already Sony are going to announce the PS4 today at 5.00pm Central Standard Time and am sure we will get more info then which I might update this thread if we get a standard price but here is the current rumored price...

PS4 is rumored to be retailed at 2 prices much like the Wii U: $429 and $529 now if you're from the UK like me it would be £280 and £345 I don't know any other conversations sorry =( but what do you think about this rumored price? It seems reasonable to me and it looks like Sony are competing for price with the Wii U.

Considering how much the PS3 was when it first launched which was over £400 (in the UK at least), I wouldn't be surprised if this next console world be near £500. It definitely won't be cheaper than a Wii U (Obviously) and it's gonna be very expensive for a gaming console. I'm not sure if it will sell very well, not because people won't be interested it's mainly because not very many people carry around huge amounts of money. I think Sony will take a gamble if they put a huge price tag on what ever it's revealing, what the outcome will be will be left to chance.

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
Oh my Arceus, that is terrible.. Luckily, when no one buys them.. They'll have to cut the price in half or at least lower it for hopefully both set ups.

I don't even think I'll buy a PS4 or Xbox 720 unless something amazing comes out for it that I can't wait to play. I think once I get my WiiU I should be set for quite some time..

Austin

Austin
A fair price would be $350. A $ony price would be...oh....$400-600 -_-;

You can't really dictate what a fair price is until you know the hardware that's in the console. Of course, there's such a thing as a reasonable price, but fairness doesn't really factor into that.

$429 sounds like a realistic price to expect, however. It's also something I'd be willing to pay.

I’m torn about this rumor.

On one hand, it’s more affordable than the PS3 was at launch. Conversely, $429 is the price of a low end PC. Those who were pleased with a more powerful console from Sony seven years ago will be disappointed.

We’ll hopefully hear more information about the PS4’s pricing in a few short hours.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm expecting another $600 launch like they did the PS3. That's all that I can see as reasonable; Sony isn't int he best state atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom