• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RUMOR: 25th Anniversary New Zelda to Be Shown at E3?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Not Cafe, it seems Aonuma has mentioned something about a new Zelda in relation to Zelda's 25th anniversary.

I'll quote for you what the news team said over at GoNintendo:

GN said:
Just last night, we told you that none other than Eiji Aonuma was going to be on Famitsu's Nico Nico channel to discuss The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Famitsu also stated that there would be some interesting development news to check out.

The live-event has now come and gone, and we're hearing that Mr. Aonuma said that a new Zelda title will be shown during the week of E3. This title is related to the 25th anniversary of Zelda. Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword and another Zelda title to celebrate the series' anniversary? Color me VERY excited!

[original link]

I usually don't put much stock in rumors, but it sounds like this came straight from Aonuma himself. Sounds like something to keep in mind to me...what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I'm pretty sure the "new Zelda title" is referring to Skyward Sword.

I considered that, but look at this part here:

"Aonuma said that a new Zelda title will be shown during the week of E3. This title is related to the 25th anniversary of Zelda."

That really doesn't sound like SS to me. It sounds like something specifically related to Zelda's 25th anniversary. Don't forget the logo they showed us back at GDC when they mentioned something special was in the works. I think that is what they're referring to here.

Legend-of-Zelda-25th-Anniversary-Logo.jpg

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I considered that, but look at this part here:

"Aonuma said that a new Zelda title will be shown during the week of E3. This title is related to the 25th anniversary of Zelda."

That really doesn't sound like SS to me. It sounds like something specifically related to Zelda's 25th anniversary. Don't forget the logo they showed us back at GDC where they mentioned something special is in the works. This might be it.

I just don't think there could be another game in the works right now with OoT 3D and SS. Maybe it's OoT 3D.

Beeker

Wild Card
That really doesn't sound like SS to me. It sounds like something specifically related to Zelda's 25th anniversary.

I remember it was Miyamoto or Aonuma who said something along the lines of "We're doing something different for Zelda's 25th than Mario, but it will be just as special". One of the things debated over what it could be is a new Zelda game.

@JucieJ: even if it is a new game, it will probably be something along the lines of a remake or even a collection of games. Something minor, nothing compared to say, Skyward Sword.

Possibly some kind of game for one (or multiple) of the webshops from the 3DS, DSi or Wii. That's not unlikely, or a remake from one of the earlier titles or several of those combined in one game. Those are most likely, I find it highly unlikely they will release a completely new game for the anniversary in the same year as OoT 3D and SS. I also find it improbable that they will release information about a new game, eg Zelda on project Cafe or a MM remake for 3DS, before they have even released SS and OoT. In conlusion I don't think we will see anything major at E3 for Zelda's birthday, but hey we're already getting two games in one year.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I remember it was Miyamoto or Aonuma who said something along the lines of "We're doing something different for Zelda's 25th than Mario, but it will be just as special". One of the things debated over what it could be is a new Zelda game.

@JucieJ: even if it is a new game, it will probably be something along the lines of a remake or even a collection of games. Something minor, nothing compared to say, Skyward Sword.

It was at GDC right? I remember that too. This sounds like what they were talking about. And yeah, it probably won't be something with the same caliber as, say, SS, but I'd still be excited to hear more details about this.

::EDIT:: Hold on JJ, I read the article over at ZU that you linked, but couldn't find any suggestions of a system anywhere. Actually, it looked like they were saying the same thing in terms of it being a game. Could you quote the parts where you thought they might be hinting at a system?

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well I have said it before and I will say it again: Nintendo DID NOT make Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS. They contracted that to a third party. So the Zelda team for handhelds WAS NOT occupied with it. I am at a complete loss as to why people repeatedly fail to understand that. Nintendo could easily be working on a new Zelda handheld game, non-remake, while still having third parties make remakes. It's quite simple, ingenious too. It lets them have more of a library without having the main teams overworked. I wouldn't be surprised though if they announce more remakes too, they might do both. It's not that difficult to have a third party do a remake. So long as they're loyal to the original it shouldn't be a problem.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
So long as they're loyal to the original it shouldn't be a problem.

I think this is what Grezzo has done with the Ocarina of Time 3DS Remake. So, Nintendo maybe realised this by now, and they ordered Grezzo (or maybe even Level 5) for another remake. So, I can easily sign your theory about the third party programmer.

I'd love to hear news of another remake, hopefully A Link to the Past or Majora's Mask. Or both, please both. But I can wait until next year for them to release it, I'm already running out of money buying a 3DS and two Zeldas this year! :P But that's cool that we might get more exciting news, I can't wait to see what it is! And if it is a Zelda-themed 3DS, well, I'm glad I haven't got my 3DS yet.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
It's Sad!

They could be talking about SS,OOT 3D,ATTP 3D, AL 3D or a completely new game Zelda game. Sadly, I guess we will just have to see what they do for Zelda's 25th anniversary to know for sure!:triforce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom