• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ruler of Twili

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay so here is another Twilight Princess mystery. It is stated by a few people in TP that only the true ruler of the twili can completely destroy the mirror. Midna is one of them. I don't remember the exact quote but it goes something like this 'Only the true leader of the twili can utterly destroy the mirro but Zant could only fragment it. This further proves that his power is a false one'. Now if that whole only the true leader of the twili can break the mirror of twilight thing is true which it is cuz in the end of tp Midna (rightful leader of the twili) broke the mirror of twilight and before it utterly shattered she left for the twilight realm. But there is one thing that puzzles me. If the twili were originally banished by the goddesses and the light spirits then why would the true twili ruler be able to break the thing they used to banish the original twili?!?! What do you think?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
maybe they meant that when they were sent to the Twilight realm they had an injust and evil ruler that tried to take over Hyrule or some thing (like Zant) and only a peaceful ruler could destroy the mirror.

C

Colin Creevey

Ganondorf, when his ToP awoke, could have shattered the mirror yet he was still sent to the Twilight Realm. These things happen. Maybe the interlopers were caught by surprise or maybe the power is something they obtained during their stay in the Twilight Realm. Who knows.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ganondorf, when his ToP awoke, could have shattered the mirror yet he was still sent to the Twilight Realm. These things happen. Maybe the interlopers were caught by surprise or maybe the power is something they obtained during their stay in the Twilight Realm. Who knows.

Yeah he probably could've broken it but maybe he didn't know what it was until he was hurtling through the twilight realm. I think it's most probable that the power to kill the mirror was something they picked up in the twilight realm because one of the Lanayru (correct me if i'm wrong) says that they sealed their dark power (fused shadows) away so yeah it seems most probable that the twili picked up the power to destroy the twili in the twilight realm.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
Okay so here is another Twilight Princess mystery. It is stated by a few people in TP that only the true ruler of the twili can completely destroy the mirror. Midna is one of them. I don't remember the exact quote but it goes something like this 'Only the true leader of the twili can utterly destroy the mirro but Zant could only fragment it. This further proves that his power is a false one'. Now if that whole only the true leader of the twili can break the mirror of twilight thing is true which it is cuz in the end of tp Midna (rightful leader of the twili) broke the mirror of twilight and before it utterly shattered she left for the twilight realm. But there is one thing that puzzles me. If the twili were originally banished by the goddesses and the light spirits then why would the true twili ruler be able to break the thing they used to banish the original twili?!?! What do you think?

1.this should be in zelda mysteries not world of zelda
2.im pretty sure that the twili created the mirror of twilight and then the light spirits and goddesses sealed them in the twilight realm with the mirror.

EDIT: sorry i thought i was looking at the world of zelda section so ignore #1.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I believe that Midna states that she believes that it was the Goddesses intention that she should meet Zelda after you defeat Ganon/dorf. Another possible reason is that they wanted the Twilight realm available to banish more evils if necessary (like ganondorf).

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
MIDNA: "Link, you did it! It's the fourth shard! Now we have them all! Hey...Link. The words of the sages... Do you remember them? Only the true ruler of the Twili can destroy the Mirror of Twilight. Zant could only break the Mirror of Twilight into shards... He couldn't utterly shatter it. That's proof of his false kingship. Link, we have to hurry! To the Mirror Chamber! After all, a fake is a fake...and no matter how much you dress it up, the real thing always wins!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRINCESS ZELDA: "Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin... One cannot exist without the other. I know now the reason the goddesses left the Mirror of Twilight in this world... They left it because it was their design that we should meet. Yes... That is what I believe."

The Twili's ancestors were the ones who were banished. The Twili are there not because of their own wrong doings, but those of their forefathers. Whether the ability to break the mirror was passed through generations or only obtained once the banished ones became the Twili we see in TP is uncertain. In any case, as Princess Zelda stated, the goddesses intended for the heroes to meet. It's probable that the "true" ruler of the Twili had the ability to break the mirror because she'd need to break it at the end of her journey, just as we see at the end of the game. The simple answer is: Destiny.

B

Bongo Bongo

MIDNA: "Link, you did it! It's the fourth shard! Now we have them all! Hey...Link. The words of the sages... Do you remember them? Only the true ruler of the Twili can destroy the Mirror of Twilight. Zant could only break the Mirror of Twilight into shards... He couldn't utterly shatter it. That's proof of his false kingship. Link, we have to hurry! To the Mirror Chamber! After all, a fake is a fake...and no matter how much you dress it up, the real thing always wins!"

PRINCESS ZELDA: "Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin... One cannot exist without the other. I know now the reason the goddesses left the Mirror of Twilight in this world... They left it because it was their design that we should meet. Yes... That is what I believe."

The Twili's ancestors were the ones who were banished. The Twili are there not because of their own wrong doings, but those of their forefathers. Whether the ability to break the mirror was passed through generations or only obtained once the banished ones became the Twili we see in TP is uncertain. In any case, as Princess Zelda stated, the goddesses intended for the heroes to meet. It's probable that the "true" ruler of the Twili had the ability to break the mirror because she'd need to break it at the end of her journey, just as we see at the end of the game. The simple answer is: Destiny.
yep this pretty much sums it up. Destiny is a recurring theme throughout the Zelda series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom