• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ruins of Skyloft?

Maybe Skyloft had to get with the times and become more mechanical. After the Skyloftians died out or moved, the Oocca moved in. After all, how would the Oocca be able to build that stuff or even hold the dominion rod?

I dont think so. It looked so different and had proppels on the top to make it fly. It may be that the Oocas did something with skyloft, but I dont think so.

Maybe Skyloft had to get with the times and become more mechanical. After the Skyloftians died out or moved, the Oocca moved in. After all, how would the Oocca be able to build that stuff or even hold the dominion rod?

That's exactly what I think, the Oocca couldn't have done any of that stuff. And in the whole game, you only meet 3 that can talk, the rest are mere chickends.

i think it's entirely possible. there were hundreds of years between the two games. that's plenty of time for somebody to get a couple of the floating islands of skyloft and build a fortress on them. but i have no idea where the creatures there would come from. (at least not any pleasant ones)

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
Oi. It says "ruins" for a reason.... Plus, hundreds of years have passed, the island could fall and other structures can be added. It's not as if TP came immediately after SS. And those demon-bird-thingies did look an awful lot like the Loftwings.... I was like "WHAT IS THAT THING" when I played SS for the first time... I was scared for Zelda's life.
I believe it's perfectly possible... and come on. How many floating islands in the sky can there be in one game franchise? :)

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I don't see why the City in the Sky coukdn't be the same place as Skyloft after hundreds upon hundred of years. I think it's more likely that the Oocca came in and inhabited theCity in the Sky rather than evolving from Loftwings.

No. It has no visual similarities. Skyloft is green and natural, the City in the Sky is cold and mechanical. Skyloft is held aloft by the goddess, the City in the Sky is held up by propellors. Also, where did the chicken people come from?

As if nothing could change over the thousands of years that probably passed? Not saying you are wrong but you sound very close minded.

What if the Ooocoo traveled to the deserted Skyloft and changed it to their liking, developing it over thousands more years.

Probably not. But I was thinking that maybe Skyloft lost its power to float, so they put the propellers and started making the buildings and stuff. I think the Oocca are just some weird looking chickens, I think the Skyloftians either died out or went below the clouds and abandoned the city and that's why it is in ruins. The Loftwings "evolved" into the Oocca and gained the ability to speek and took all the credit for the city...:lol:

But that's just a crazy theory I thought of.

honestly not that crazy ...think about it. how long after skyward sword does twilight princess take place? long enough for the power of the goddess to be diminished and the natural landscape to fall under the weight of modern civilization. especially if it has been threatened by evil. it may not have happen this way nor has it been explained but that doesnt mean it couldnt have. i think its a very possible link between the two games.

Could've sworn there was a thread not that long ago on this topic, or maybe Axle talked about it in a video or something. Pretty sure what that amounted to was no evidence to support the claim. The only real similarities I can see is that they are both in the sky. Not much of a link.

Hyrule Historia (Glitterberri translation) said:
•The City in the Sky

The city floating in the sky is the remnant of an ancient civilization that once flourished. It once had a close relationship with the royal family of Hyrule, but today the only messenger who remembers the lore left is Impaz. Its relation to Skyloft of the Sky Era is unknown.

Based on the above passage, I think it is likely that the City in the Sky (CitS) was built sometime between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. I have no idea why it would be built during this time, but another poster in this thread brought up an interesting theory:

[...]But I was thinking that maybe Skyloft lost its power to float, so they put the propellers and started making the buildings and stuff. I think the Oocca are just some weird looking chickens, I think the Skyloftians either died out or went below the clouds and abandoned the city and that's why it is in ruins.[...]

In addition: Those who built it probably wanted to stay in the sky, while the others chose to settle on the world below. The CitS's technological design might have been facilitated by the Ancient Robots (judging from SS, Ancient Robots can be repaired). This could account for the many propellers and such. And it may be far-fetched, but Gonzo the Mechanic also comes to mind, and he may have helped construct it somehow. Also, for you timeline enthusiasts who abide by the Hyrule Historia timeline, I think you might want to look into the placement of the Minish Cap, and the Cloud Tops that appear in said game, as a connection might exist between it and the CitS.

timeline.jpg

Regarding the Ooccoo: To be honest, I think the Ooccoo were just thrown in the game to confuse us; their true purpose might have been to add a "wtf-factor" to the whole history and legend behind the CitS. [I've seen this done in other forms of media - novels, etc.] They probably had nothing at all to do with the CitS's sophisticated design and technology. It is more probable that the Ooccoo simply moved in after it was deserted by the original residents, or they were probably the pets of those residents.

Going out on a limb here, but another thing could be that the Ooccoo are the Ancient Robots. I know what you're thinking, "That doesn't make any sense; how could they have just transformed into the Ooccoo?! D:" (My statement was not to be taken literally) But as weird as it may seem, the depiction of the Ancient Robots might have simply changed over the many years (possibly centuries) of time, as legends often do.

Whatever the case, it seems Nintendo has left yet another loose end in the series, and it was likely done on purpose. It seems they are afraid of "running into a wall" in terms of creativity if too many connections are established between the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought the City in the Sky was Skyloft. Skyloft doesn't look very similer to the City in the Sky during SS, but I always thought that as time went on, that Skyloft evovled through out the years and changed into the fortress that is the City in the Sky.

not to say that this is what was intended but people seem to refuse to believe that its a possibility.

The legend in TP says that the Ancient race made the Hylians, and after that buitl the city; so it's propably not Skyloft.

I am guessing that it could be the same, but I don't think the oocca evolved I think they are just a new race that inhabited skyloft not knowing what it was before and made their lives and called it the city in the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom