• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ruby and Sapphire Remake or Ruby and Sapphire 2?

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Did anyone ever think that they should make a sequel to Ruby & Sapphire or just produce a remake. What do you think they could improve on or add? I think they should probably add a few new locations and add more features to each town or city, even if they make a remake. Perhaps they could add new characters to the storyline for a remake. What would you think could be a new storyline for the sequel. Should they make new pokemon formes for the legendaries? Tell me your opinions. :nod:

The Ruby and Sapphire remakes don't need too much improving. All they need to do is update the graphics and update to Gen V. That's pretty much it. As for a Ruby/Sapphire sequal.... I don't see that happening at all.

Fig

The Altruist
For sure the graphics will be updated to either the format of HeartGold/SoulSilver or Black/White. It is most likely that new features will also be added into the game such as gender differences, new key items, and new locations! Expect for the remakes to be released for the 10th anniversary of Ruby/Sapphire on 2014, assuming that Nintendo is willing to create remakes for these two awesome games, which I'm pretty sure they would.

Expect for the remakes to be released for the 10th anniversary of Ruby/Sapphire on 2014

You really need to do your research on Ruby and Sapphire. They were not released in 2004, they were released in 2003 (2002 in Japan) so next year will be Ruby & Sapphire's 10th anniversary, technically speaking. You're getting mixed up with FireRed and LeafGreen which were in fact released in 2004.

Nine-tailed Fox

FUS RO DAH!!!!
Ruby and Sapphire are my favorite Pokemon games ever. Ruby was my first Pokemon game so I might be a little biased, but I'd go so far as to say that these were the best Pokemon games ever. If not Ruby and Sapphire, then Emerald. I think it would be really smart on Nintendo/Game Freak's part to remake these for the 3DS (and finally ditch the DS if you know what I mean *cough* B&W2 *cough cough*).

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I would hope they just remake it. Ruby and Sapphire was awesome the way it was. I don't think the whole sequel business is needed.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Not sure if Nintendo will do this. They may release the games on the virtual console. Maybe implementing some Wii U tablet functionality would be neat.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Well if you think about it, there doing 2 sequels to the first 2 games in a generation, something they haven't done before. FireRed & LeafGreen were made to complete the Pokedex in gen 3, HeartGold and Soulsilver were made to add the things from Crystal and put them in Gold & Silver, plus it helped complete the pokedex because the GBA to DS thing had died by then. They might not be any more remakes, like there was no Black, White, then Grey, it was Black & White, then Black 2 & White 2, so we have no idea. Just liked Nine-Tailed Fox Ruby was my first game and I am kind of biased about it, but i'm not really into Pokemon like I was back in 2003, 2004, etc.
There will most likely not be a Ruby & Sapphire 2, but remakes...maybe...probably...

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I personally think they should set the games a few years after the originals. I dunno how exactly they could do it but it would be pretty nostalgic to see the Hoenn region after everything happened and people around the place would be talking about things that YOU did in the previous games :D

univpark

Heart of Steel
I think that it would be cool if the region that N flew away on Reshi/Zekro was Hoenn. That could open up all kinds of story paths. I think that would fall under sequel, though. I think that it will probably be a remake if anything, definitely updated graphics.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't see why a Pokemon game such as Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald REALLY needs a remake.
It's understandable that you'd have a remake for Gold/Silver/Crystal, but R/S/E does not need it.
I'm tired of seeing these types of discussions. Can we AT LEAST get to a brand, BRAND new region before even thinking about a remake?
If you recall in HG and SS they improved on so many things! And included news things as well.
Why would you want to improve on a game that's already great?
And what a creative name:
Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2.
Like I haven't heard that before. :right:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom