• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RP General Discussion/New Hosts Guide

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
My sign ups are ready:

Pen

The game is on!
Lately I've seen a few new roleplays that have started here. It's great seeing new people taking the initiative to start new games, but the style as well as the opening process is pretty drastically different from how we've been doing role-playing here in the past. That said though, I'm not saying this new way I've seen is wrong, but I do have my preferences so in this post I'm just going to explain the process in which I like to start up a new roleplay, and the manner in which I like to play it.

Sign-Up Thread
The first step is to make a sign-up thread. This thread typically serves three purposes:
- to explain what type of game the roleplay will be and to check how many players are interested in joining
- it is were people sign up and create their characters by filling out an application with info about the character you want to play as
- this thread is also a place where the players can discuss the game out of character without interrupting the game itself

As example of a sign-up thread like the one I described, here is the sign-ups for Hyrulean Civil War: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/hyrulean-civil-war-rp-sign-ups.59604/

Game Thread
After the game host feels like they have enough players to start the game they will open up the game thread. This is where the fun happens! It's where the accepted players play the roles of the characters they signed up as in the sign-up thread. There are of course rules in place to prevent godmodding, trolling, and other inappropriate behaviour, but the players are allowed to write their characters freely without being forced into following any specific patterns or whatever. To showcase a concrete example of this I will link to the game thread of Hyrulean Civil War: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/hyrulean-civil-war-rp-game-thread.59612/

Again, this is just how I like to roleplay. There's no objectively right or wrong way to do it. The reason why I made this post was mostly to let everyone know about this system that I prefer. Thanks for reading! ^^

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
New Sign-Ups are open for Settling the Surface, a reboot of Explorers of the Surface.

@Giri I hope you're happy

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Hi, so I see people advertising their RPs here, and I've always taken any opportunity for free publicity given to me. A few days ago I started Hotel Jimbo, a roleplay featuring my Jimbo character that debuted on MarioBoards several months ago. Now that I'm here, I decided to create my own RP, taking some cues from MarioBoards' Mushroom City Car Wash.

There are no signups. I do not believe in signups. This RP is free and open to anyone. No character sheet fill-oust required. Just contribute as you please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom