• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ronnie James Dio

Hanyou

didn't build that
In honor of the metal legend, who passed away yesterday morning, I thought we'd make a thread dedicated to Ronnie James Dio and his wonderful music. For those not up on the news:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/16/metal-rocker-ronnie-james-dio-has-died-wife-says/?hpt=T2

This is a huge loss for metal, and music, fans everywhere. I wish his family the best. He was one of my favorite vocalists of all time, and a one-of-a-kind musical genius. He'll be rocking the great beyond now...

Post your favorite Dio/ Black Sabbath/ etc. songs here, too. First, my favorite:

"Last in Line": [link]

Last but not least, his band's flagship song, "Holy Diver": [link]

I consider this to be on-par with Johnny Cash's death; this man wrote pure metal without relying on shock tactics. It's just good music, perhaps the definitive example of its genre.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very unfortunate. I was upset when I heard about it. I was shocked because for so long I thought Dio was immortal. But I guess this shows that not even he is. So very sad.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJQQWbr4cXM

Children of the Sea, amazing song. I also liked Heaven and Hell and Neon Knights as a standouts from his Black Sabbath days. All his work is great though.

I got to see Dio perform in his reunion tour with Black Sabbath about two years back as they were headlining when Megadeth was opening for them. I wasn't a big Sabbath/Dio fan up until then, and I only went to the concert for Megadeth, but after seeing the performance I got hooked on Dio's work. I got his most recent Sabbath album under the name 'Heaven and Hell', and it's terrific. A very dark album though but very good nonetheless.

He will be missed.

T

ThatzNOTmetaL

Dio will be sadly missed
after all
hes the man on the silver mountain

RIP Dio
\m/

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
i didnt know about dio till after he died my dad was a huge fan when dio died he whas crushed r.i.p. dio master of the moon:(

whoops...I forgot to out my favorite song.well for dio its either the last in line,dream evil or king of rock and roll.For black sabbath its heaven and hell,the neon knights or falling off the edge of the world and for rainbow its stargazer.

p.s. I think my cat likes dio.keyword:cat.Well one day my dad played a dio I think it was time to burn or sunset superman and my cat was purring:lol:.

oh and dio is not the master of the moon murray is

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom