• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Romantic Skyloft (At Night): The Perfect Place to Date a Girl?

Skyloft at Night: Romantic?

• I actually dreamed about it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when I'm able to date Zelda

• No, it's a scary place

• Romance sucks

• I live in Skyloft and already dated a Sky Girl

• Total voters

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
zeldaskywardswordlinkan.jpg

Time for some serious stuff. Well, I think I'm 10 years to old for such a Thread. But, deep in my soul, I am a silly romantic guy.
Well, I'm also 10 years to old for saying: I fell in love with the Item Girl (probably the best Side Quest in Skyward Sword). But, let us think for a while. Let's believe, Skyloft is real. At night, isn't this the most beautiful place to date a girl? I mean, it's Friday evening. The temperature is still comfortable. Starring in the sky to the other floating Islands. And, of course, without the monsters you face at night in Skyloft.

Skyloft is one of those places, I would like to sit next to the girl I adore (my last girlfriend was a person I really did not adore at all). So, these moments are more awesome in Teenage Years (you will realise and appreaciate this when you face the Thirty), but, for everyone who is a bit romantic, this could be an unpayable moment.

Well, what about you? Please tell me your opinion. At least in the vote.

Oh, and by the way. It's the duty of a boy to date the girl. That's why this Thread is only called "To date a girl" and not "To date a girl or a boy" ;)

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Time for some serious stuff. Well, I think I'm 10 years to old for such a Thread. But, deep in my soul, I am a silly romantic guy.

Don't worry, there's not really an age limitation on that.
Well, I'm also 10 years to old for saying: I fell in love with the Item Girl (probably the best Side Quest in Skyward Sword). But, let us think for a while. Let's believe, Skyloft is real. At night, isn't this the most beautiful place to date a girl? I mean, it's Friday evening. The temperature is still comfortable. Starring in the sky to the other floating Islands. And, of course, without the monsters you face at night in Skyloft.

I guess it does have a certain appeal, but I personally like Castle Town or Windfall Island at night better than Skyloft. It's just too creepy to think of falling off the edge of the world.
(my last girlfriend was a person I really did not adore at all).

Yeah, sorry to hear that your last relationship went so badly. You'll find someone out there eventually.
Oh, and by the way. It's the duty of a boy to date the girl. That's why this Thread is only called "To date a girl" and not "To date a girl or a boy" ;)

You're entitled to your opinion, but I really think this is presumptuous. I would consider it a bit sexist, but then I don't live in Germany and perhaps I'm misinterpreting it due to cultural differences. I really do think that either the girl or the boy should be able to ask for a date.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Don't worry, there's not really an age limitation on that.

Yeah, I think you're right. Without a little amount of naive imagination , life would be boring :D

I guess it does have a certain appeal, but I personally like Castle Town or Windfall Island at night better than Skyloft. It's just too creepy to think of falling off the edge of the world.

Ha, but this also have a romantic aspect. Maybe your Date will follow you after you fell :D

Yeah, sorry to hear that your last relationship went so badly. You'll find someone out there eventually.

I hope so too. One of my friends is already married. Thanks for your words.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I really think this is presumptuous. I would consider it a bit sexist, but then I don't live in Germany and perhaps I'm misinterpreting it due to cultural differences. I really do think that either the girl or the boy should be able to ask for a date.

It's just my antique way of thinking. In Germany it's something like this among Teenager (damn, I really feel old now):

Girl to Boy: Let's go out. Cinema or something.
Boy to Girl: Ok. Cool.

One day later you will see their updated relationship on Facebook ;D

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
I think it would be very romantic. It would also be great if you proposed to a girl on top of the waterfall.

zeldaskywardswordlinkan.jpg

Skyloft is one of those places, I would like to sit next to the girl I adore (my last girlfriend was a person I really did not adore at all). So, these moments are more awesome in Teenage Years (you will realise and appreaciate this when you face the Thirty), but, for everyone who is a bit romantic, this could be an unpayable moment.

Well, what about you? Please tell me your opinion. At least in the vote.

I'm not sure if I can vote then! But I do find that end part to be more sweet then sexist, although I'm a bit of a feminist at times, I don't mind things like this(I guess I'm one of the few feminists that believe in equality between men and women, not in higher, or sameness of the two)... Of course, if you are saying that the duty is for the guy to take out a girl your saying your gonna pay! :)

But I as a girl think skyloft would be a very romantic place. When ever I'm outside at night in the game, I find it very beautiful! Especially since I love star gazing, But maybe a better place would be at that pumpkin place, so after you eat you can look at the stars afterwards! Or maybe the top of the water fall? Hmm... Now your bringing out the girly-nerdy side of me! :)

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Now your bringing out the girly-nerdy side of me!

This is cute. Girly Nerdy, first time I hear this ;D

Nice to see I'm not the only one with such romantic thoughts. Now I have to find a place like Skyloft. Very hard to find in my Region ;D

I wouldn't call it the perfect place. It's a suitable place, though, for sure, just not necessarily more suitable than other, just as worthy of places. If things lined up, sure, I'd go on a date in a place like that. I think mainly, though, the night in Skyloft looked so beautiful because, well, it was Skyward Sword. At night. With night lighting. Obviously it was gonna be beautiful. xP The dark, sneaking portion of Eldin Volcano was awesome-looking too, though in a different way.

And, of course, without the monsters you face at night in Skyloft.
Pffffft whaaaaat? Aw come on, that just means you get to be chivalrous and fight off the monsters to defend her. :P

I agree with you, but only in regards to it being some kind of requirement. In terms of a preference, the boy asking out the girl is fine. I dig chivalry and old-fashion dating rituals. I know some girls do as well.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Pffffft whaaaaat? Aw come on, that just means you get to be chivalrous and fight off the monsters to defend her.

Ha, Axle :D
But there is a small chance you will run like a coward (the girl will watch every move of you in this situation) when one of those strange monsters is coming to you. Running and crying like a baby in front of your Date. So cool ;D

Anyway. Faron Woods is also a nice place. But there are far to many monsters. I don't want to play the hero. I will get the kiss (well, it is a bit censored for the younger audience here) without too much effort.

Last edited:
K

Kokiri Wanderer

Just be careful of all the crazy demonic cats and bats out to kill you :)

Man, that cat scared the living crap out of me :-p

I do love how Skyloft looks though, totally romantic...but the twisted part of me would love to date in one of the silent realms, that'd be pretty freakin' awesome. Imagine it. You know your time is limited so you make the most of the 90 seconds together. Then BAM!!! Suddenly you're both on adrenalin...you're running, jumping and climbing for your lives to get to the next tear. You make it to the next one and...all is still. You're holding each other up, panting, laughing, rubbing off grass stains... and you spend the next 90 seconds catching your breath and enjoy just being alive and being with each other for it. You make the most of every second because you never know when it's going to be your last.

God, I'm such a nerd :-p

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is indeed not perfect. I mean come on going out at night with your girl and then walking outside and being attacked by those cats like creatures who turn into gremlins after 12 or hearing Pipit yell at his mother. No I would take her away to Needle's place and get her some bugs or take her to Lumpy Pumpkin!!
But I am not a male :P

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The torches, the calm atmosphere, the dark endless night sky, heroicly fighting those crazy remlits to protect the girl... yeah, sounds like a nice date. Just add a swim in the lake and an arrangedly heroic rescue from a fall off the waterfall and that would make it. Maybe some first-aid would be nice after that but well, they say love hurts sometimes. :P

It does seem like a nice place to take a long walk with her, though. Who doesn't like walking, contemplating the sky and maybe even talking a little bit?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom