• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Romance in BoTW

Speaking with a friend who really finds the BoTW girl cute, he wondered how much romance Link will find in BotW.

Link and Zelda do spend time together in BotW but it doesnt look like theyre romantically involved with each other going on the footage we've seen in my opinion.

This then raises the question if there will be implied romance or full on SS style romance.

Link wakes up with no memories and doesnt seem to spend any gameplay time with Zelda herself, so we cant read much into the relationship there, he'll be meeting cute Gerudo and Zora girls (and beefy Gorons if this Link is like that) through the game but I wonder if any romance will be present or if things will be kept vague like in Ocarina of Time.

What role (if any) do you think romance will take in BotW?

Definitely agree about Link and Zelda's relationship... I've been thinking for a while that it doesn't look romantic... they're clearly close, and seem to care about one another, just not in a romantic way (I'm suspecting a possible sibling twist).

As for other relationships, a line has been revealed in the ESRB summary that implies that at least one (older) character will be flirting with Link a bit, so I expect there will be others as well... but I doubt there will be anything more than that for Link.
However, I suspect that Zelda might actually have another love interest in this game... the mysterious individual wearing the upside-down Mask of Truth... in the clip where Link steps in front of Zelda to protect her we see Zelda sitting on the ground beside the masked man, with their positions making me think that they'd fallen to the ground together, with him having taken the brunt of the fall to protect her... an act that you wouldn't expect from someone who we'd previously been seen fighting Link, unless he was in love with Zelda.

I hope the role isn't significant. I think when they try to stitch the relationship Link and Zelda have into the actual storyline, it botches the game big time. Zelda stories are never too great to begin with, so it's best to not sabotage them with cheesy romance. ****in anime romance tropes made SS a disaster. It's already bad that they're "seemingly" close in BotW to begin with. Liked it in games like TP where the events of the game resulted in their first meeting and they were only moderately acquainted.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Speaking with a friend who really finds the BoTW girl cute, he wondered how much romance Link will find in BotW.

Link and Zelda do spend time together in BotW but it doesnt look like theyre romantically involved with each other going on the footage we've seen in my opinion.

This then raises the question if there will be implied romance or full on SS style romance.

Link wakes up with no memories and doesnt seem to spend any gameplay time with Zelda herself, so we cant read much into the relationship there, he'll be meeting cute Gerudo and Zora girls (and beefy Gorons if this Link is like that) through the game but I wonder if any romance will be present or if things will be kept vague like in Ocarina of Time.

What role (if any) do you think romance will take in BotW?

Which BoTW girl does he find cute?

As for my thoughts on romance. In SS they gave it a go allowing the player to seduce Peatrice. There also seemed to be an implied romance between Link and Zelda.

This time I just get the feeling they will take it further with the romance, perhaps allowing the player a choice of love interests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom