• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rolling the Ball in the Lava

just rewatched the 4th video from gameinformer and just seeing how we need to walk op a ball in the lava do you guys think the controls will be just like the ball rolling in super mario galaxy 1 and 2 (hope not that was a pain for me) or just standard whit the nunchuk

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm hoping it'll be with the Nunchuk. I don't see why Nintendo would take the same controls from other games.

N

Nino.g

I hated the ball rolling in super mario galaxy 2, (haven't got the first game) so i hope this is just with the nunchuck. But, as most of the game works with motion control, i'm afraid you have to tilt the remote like in mario.

I had the same fears, but if you look at the videos, Link stops to slash a keese. If the ball required motion controls, we wouldn't be able to use our sword.

If the motion controls are done right it could be cool and avoid being annoying, so I woldent mind using the motion controls to roll te ball, but I won't sat no to traditional analog controls

Maikeru

Piper of Time
On the tight ropes, they had the little icon at the bottom that had the Wiimote on the bottom and said, "Tilt". That wasn't in the video. They could have just felt you didn't need anymore of a walkthrough at that point though. frunk does make a point, Link did stop to slash a keese. That said, even if it was Wiimote controlled. It could be possible to switch to the sword controls. I don't think so though, it looks like a nunchuk thing.

Either way, it looks pretty easier. Just like most of the things I've seen from the previews so far. Can't wait to play it.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I actually quite liked the controls from SMG/2, so this wouldn't be a big deal for me. Plus, it woud add to the challenge. However, the point about slashing the Keese does indeed make it seem like it might not work out to be that way.

Djinn

and Tonic
I generally assumed that the ball rolling trick would be exactly the same as what was done in Mario Galaxy. It is another game made by the same company after all, so I cannot see why they would be any different. However I do not think it is anything to be too worried over since I am certain that would only be used a few times in that one dungeon and that is it. I seriously doubt ball rolling in lava will be the main aspect of the dungeon. While I do believe using various means to overcome the lava floor will be. The ball might just be used once or twice then you move on to other areas and puzzles.

Yes, perhaps the ball serves to add a bit? of difficulty to crossing the portions of lava; similar to how you could use the random jars of water in The Wind Waker to safely cross the lava portions. A simple "bridge" over the lava would be too typical and has been done to death. I guess Nintendo wanted to spice things up a bit... [no pun intended]

Last edited by a moderator:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The controls for rolling the ball are most likely going to be extremely similar to that of Mario Galaxy (tilting the wii remote at certain angles so as to lean in that direction...etc)

The nunchuck will most likely be used for stabilization, y'know, if you lean over too far, then you can bring the ball back to normal using the nunchuck so you don't die a horrible fiery death.

I'm not a huge fan of ball physics. But it'll certainly be an...interesting element.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom