• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Roller Coaster Hyrule

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Hello people. It's holidays!

Finally, out and away from the daily routine, into wildness and adventure... However, as much as I like to go up and about, my mind is always half stalked by the legend of Zelda, and if you can't cure it, embrace it. So, I was in a theme park some days ago, shaped into the famous french comics of Asterix et Obelix, and i kept thinking about what would the park look like if it was made after the legend of Zelda instead.

So here goes the question: In the hypothetical theme park Hyruleland (please, the name can and must be changed), what rides would there be? What are their names, what do they look like?

I think the park could have different areas, according to the different games. For example, the games with more cartoonish style could serve better for the younger children's rides, and it could have a Death Mountain zone, a Zora's zone (all with elements from all games), and much more. I have in mind a roller coaster with lots of turns and stuff based on the flights in SS -it could be named Loftwing Lost, about having to find some friend into the Skyloft cloudy area, riding a bird-looking-like cart. I can also picture a ride based on the Grosinator, and a Milk Bar, Telma's bar or LonLon ranch to eat. And Ganon's Castle would make a perfect Spook House.

On a final note, if a place like that already exists PLEASE SAY! I've never heard of it, but only yesterday someone told me in japan there's one based on Jurasic Park, so who knows...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hyruleland? Don't you mean Grooseland? :right:

Erm I'd always love to have a Hylian theme park. There would be tons of attractions, like riding into the Mouth of Ganon (themed after the entrnace to the inner tube of Ganon's Castle in Ocarina of Time), taking a ride on Volvagia (theoretically, of course, and with seat belts and several safety nets ;p), and a rock climbing thing whose shape resembles the huge potato/Goron up on Snowhead. ;p

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I would love a roller coaster based on the Loftwing. Seems like it could be one big hunk 'o' fun ^^

I'd also love to have some sort of river rapid ride based off of Zora's River in Twilight Princess. Other than that, I really can't think of anything else (my creativity is somewhere lost in the woods at the moment...)

Hm, now that you mention it, it does seem like it could be interesting... I can see a kiddie ride modeled after the Spirit Train going through the various realms, each car being a square of four or so seats. It could work!

But what amusement park is complete without a drop ride. Perhaps one with Ganon's Tower and teh sequence where you escaped it with Zelda in mind, the theory being that you lost and you're falling with the ruins of the tower. Riders would be brought up to the top of the tower, hear Ganon's laughter, and be sent down at a freefall. The taller the better--and modeled a concept like that, I don't think it's necessary to actually be pulled down faster than gravity. For an added thrill, it could be indoors--you ride up seeing the beauty of the elaborate tower, and in the waiting line you passed by the various rooms with challenges from the temples, but as you reach the top of the tower, you see that there are ripped drapes, broken stone, blood and other signs of recent battle--bloody battle. Then when you reach the top, you're shunted into darkness, and dropped with Ganon's laughter ringing in your ears.

I would ride something like that a thousand times and not have had enough of the beautiful thrill, the terror and buildup the aesthetics cause.

And as for dining options? Don't you forget The Lump Pumpkin. ^^

I'd add that kids could hang out at a Rabbitland Rescue that could be a petting zoo... but that would just be creepy, what with that... person.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Cool thread!
What about a maze modeled after the Lost Woods? Or a big trampoline ride on Bongo-Bongo's drum (Though that might terrify small children if Bongo-Bongo is sitting in the background) The water park would be called "Zora's Domain" and there would have to be a huge waterslide modeled after that huge waterfall in TP. Also, the bottom of the Well would make an awesome haunted house (Or haunted well, I guess?) Maybe the tickets could be plastic rupees or just shaped like them or something :P

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Hyruleland? Don't you mean Grooseland? :right:
Best name for a theme park ever lol.

I'll add something that would only be open in winter: a Snowpeak Ruins themed maze. When you get to the end you are greeted by two people dressed as Yeto and Yeta, and they give you soup or hot chocolate/cider. Hot chocolate/cider for the people who don't like/want soup, like me.

I'm a huge fan of roller coasters, so I love this idea!

I'd love to see a 3D dark ride (like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in Universal Orlando) where you're going through a dungeon escaping traps, fighting bosses and whatnot.

The Loftwing themed ride should be either a flying coaster (where you're facing the ground and "flying"), OR a wing coaster (where you're on the side of the coaster track) and the coaster train would be the loftwing, and your sitting on the "wings." Kinda like this:

Dollywood-Wild-Eagle.jpg

Mido

Version 1
This is a really interesting thing here!

Now if I were to manage "Grooseland", here's my ride ideas:

Death Mountain: Definitely like some of you all said, a ride through this mountain would be swell. Quoting Ventus here, riding on Volvagia would suit a Roller Coaster like this really well.

Zora River: A Log Ride sort of prototype would make a good Zora River. Like Link, being rushed through the river streams, a log ride could create that sort of experience. Maybe a Roaring Rapids kind of thing could work, too.

Adventure in Skyloft: Another Roller Coaster type ride. High rises, some good drops, it can all add to the experience. :cool:

The Great Sea: Definitely a Roaring Rapids ride. *See Zora River*

King of Red Lions: Definitely a see-saw Pirate ship ride.

These are just some ideas of what a rendition of these rides could be in the hypothetical situation. I'd get more, but to be honest, I'm feeling a big lazy! :lol:

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
You lot posted here some great ideas! I'm particulary fond of mazes, so the ones designed after Lost Woods and Snowpeak would be truly glorious -although Snowpeak should be a bit eerie, kind of scary place. At least it was in the game, like a King novel. Someone once mentioned that it resembled the hotel from the Shining, and since then the place scares the hell out of me even more than before :)

Back to the amusement park, what would give a true kick is not the thrill of the rides, but the design of the rides and the park itself. If done correctly, a park with a clever resemblance to the games that drag the people into the story would be fun just to watch and be into, never mention to ride its thrilling treasures. The drop ride in Ganon's tower mentioned above, with the increasing feeling of danger and excitement before the fall itself, would be absolutely kick-*** (and remember, a tower has at least four sides; that means you would need to ride at least four times to see all of the decorations). And I easily see an Epona pony ride for the children in Lon Lon Ranch ^^

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
this thread is a lot more interesting that i thought, there are some really good ideas here. Zoras Domain being a Water Park section of the Amusement Park is a givin, Zoras River being a log ride for sure!

Everyone forgot games and stuff though! we could get a Bombchu bowling game, all kinds of ideas i could throw you there. Hell most the games in LoZ could be real games. I would definitely go to this theme park!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom