• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Role of the Kokiri

yes i think the Great Deku Tree in oot was the orginal GDT. the reason i think the orginal GDT( the one from oot) is SS sound like and i think i heard this comfirmed that it was a prequel to oot. and in oot the only previous war was the unifiying war. or atleast that's what it said in oot.

D

Da Bunni Hood

Ember incubus why are you so insistent that the game is 1000 years before OoT maybe everybody's mind is wiped and its actually three minutes before ocarina of time maybe we see link's mother deliver him to the kokiri... maybe it will be 1000 years before ocarina but the deku tree and the kokiri ARE alive. Maybe it will be the beginning of time. Don't set such strong opinions before the game comes out.

from Da Bunni Hood. Ember incubus why are you so insistent that the game is 1000 years before OoT maybe everybody's mind is wiped and its actually three minutes before ocarina of time maybe we see link's mother deliver him to the kokiri... maybe it will be 1000 years before ocarina but the deku tree and the kokiri ARE alive. Maybe it will be the beginning of time. Don't set such strong opinions before the game comes out.
i agree with you. ember incubus acts like he knows everything. he gets very mean and nasy if you don't agree with him. the fact is we don't know much or practicly anything about ss's story. this is all pure speculation. anything is possible. nintendo can and will do whatever it wants. usually it makes sense. they have a way of tying games that you think have no connection to each other and they connect them. and they do it in a way that makes sense even though in the beginning it looks impossible. every new game answeres some questions but poses new ones. it is fun to speculate but i think we need to do so in a polite manner.

Although this doesn't relate to Kokiri, you guys keep saying there is only one Deku Tree (at a time.) I'm pretty sure Deku Tree is just a name, because the series has produced both a male and a female Maku Tree, which are talking trees, like the Deku Tree. Also, didn't the Koroks in TWW go out to plant more Deku Trees? There are probably dozens of them across the LoZ universe! I just thought I'd bring that up.

I don't think there will be kokiri's in skyward sword but it would be awesome if there was :D . Pretty cool post though :D

we aren't talking about ww we are talking about oot. and in oot there is only one GDT at a time! and the GDT does relate to the Kokiri because it says in oot that the GDT created and proteced the Kokiri.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Maybe we save a younger Deku Tree, im not sure but i used to think there wouldn't be any Kokiri in this game, now im not so sure... Link's garb looks more Kokiri than it did in TP, and I'm wondering how he even gets the heroes clothes. does he get them on skyloft or hyrule? the Kokiri forest could be in the sky or it could still be on the ground... I'm sure we won't know until we play the game. but im still a bit skeptical, perhaps a few of them are around but I can't see Kokiri village popping up in this game. that would be too unlikely to happen.

Ember incubus why are you so insistent that the game is 1000 years before OoT maybe everybody's mind is wiped and its actually three minutes before ocarina of time maybe we see link's mother deliver him to the kokiri... maybe it will be 1000 years before ocarina but the deku tree and the kokiri ARE alive. Maybe it will be the beginning of time. Don't set such strong opinions before the game comes out.
I am just speaking hypothetical about the 1000 years thing. It may happen during OoT, it may happen before Hyrule is created in an alternate world. (Although, I 99% sure it happens in Hyrule after Din makes it.) They may never say how many years apart it is.
i agree with you. ember incubus acts like he knows everything. he gets very mean and nasy if you don't agree with him. the fact is we don't know much or practicly anything about ss's story. this is all pure speculation. anything is possible. nintendo can and will do whatever it wants. usually it makes sense. they have a way of tying games that you think have no connection to each other and they connect them. and they do it in a way that makes sense even though in the beginning it looks impossible. every new game answeres some questions but poses new ones. it is fun to speculate but i think we need to do so in a polite manner.
About the first half, you can speak in first person, you do not have to talk to me in third person... ABout the second half. I am really sorry. =( I can not resist a debate. > .<;
Although this doesn't relate to Kokiri, you guys keep saying there is only one Deku Tree (at a time.) I'm pretty sure Deku Tree is just a name, because the series has produced both a male and a female Maku Tree, which are talking trees, like the Deku Tree. Also, didn't the Koroks in TWW go out to plant more Deku Trees? There are probably dozens of them across the LoZ universe! I just thought I'd bring that up.
I kind of agree with you. I think Deku Trees are a race, and "The Great Deku Tree" is a title for a specific person. Like the President of the United States. I do not think the Maku Trees are related to the Deku Trees at all, but who knows, maybe they are. =S

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Hmm... well, in the beginning of OoT, the Deku Tree is narrating. He says, "Long have I served...". To me, this is sounding like he means he's already been around for a very long time.

If Skyward Sword is before OoT, then it's possible that the Deku Tree might be present in the game, maybe as a younger tree. And, if he is present, then it'd make sense that the Kokiri would be as well, seeing as they are created by him. As for their role I am unsure. They didn't have a large role in OoT, more of a presence. I think it can be similar in SS.

Or, there is the possibility that a Deku Tree will be present, but we never actually see it or the Kokiri Forest. Remember, people don't enter that area. It was rare for Link to be there, but that was due to extreme circumstances. And, people who enter the lost woods (which is like connected to the Kokiri Forest) don't make it out as humans....

So, even if its possible that a Deku Tree would be in SS, I don't think we'd actually see it. I can't see a reason for Link to go there, especially since he's from Sky Loft, and not the same place as OoT!Link.

I don't think it's that logical to think we'll see the Kokiri in this game. First off, it's illogical to think it's only a short time before OoT, so I doubt Saria was even born. I doubt the creation of the Kokiri will have even taken place.

The area in the trailers and demos shouldn't be used for any theories since they've told us it will not even be in the game. In other words it doesn't exist. ;)

I have nothing to back this up, really, but I highly doubt we'll see very many familiar places or locations in Skyward Sword. I strongly believe we'll only have Hylians really (MAYBE Wind Tribe or Oocca, but also doubtful), and only key landmarks like Lake Hylia and Death Mountain. I doubt we'll see the Deku Tree or the Kokiri.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I agree but i believe we might see the Deku TRee since he was created by Farore since the begging of time. In OoT you can see how she leaves to the sky and behind her is the DEku Tree

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
The area in the trailers and demos shouldn't be used for any theories since they've told us it will not even be in the game. In other words it doesn't exist. ;)

Turns out that this isn't entirely the case...or at least, that is overstating it...here is Aonuma in Nintendo Power:

This sampling of Skyward Sword that we got to play—what does it represent? Is it an area from the final game or a test area or what?

Well, in the demo what you're seeing is an area that will actually end up being divided more—and of course, you won't be able to proceed quite so easily through it—but it represents a very early stage where Link, for the first time, travels down to the realm below the clouds. That being said, the giant skeleton that you fight when you go inside the tree, and [the fight against] the giant scorpion, aren't in those locations within the game. We just put them there for the demo version.

Would this be considered a dungeon or a field in the final game?

It's the field.

Also, I don't see why the Kokori could not be in this game...is there any reason to think they were not around long before OoT?

This is unlikely, but perhaps their ultimate location in OoT is a place where Skyloft fell from the sky...and they originally were the inhabitants of Skyloft...not likely...but possible...

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I doubt that is a real post. I am not saying you lied/edited/made up the quote, I mean, it was most likly mistranslated. lthough, I would be glad. He said the monsters were beta, but the area was final. That is perfect. No more scandelouse Bokoblins!

I would actually want the opposite, since the trees suck...and I think the Bokoblins are fine. Undies and all.

Well, I did not read that myself...but I have posted it elsewhere and others have confirmed it...does anyone here get Nintendo Power? Can you confirm that quote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom