• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Role of the Kokiri

Ah, alright Jupiter. Thanks. That makes a lot of sense, and was kind of along the lines of what I was thinking. I know we'd have to end up seeing those textures and scenery at some point, even if not in that exact area.

Anyway, that tree that appears doesn't look much like a Deku Tree. The Deku Tree has always had a pretty distinct appearance, but that thing doesn't look much like it to me. If it was the Deku Tree I think it would stand out more.

Also, I don't see why the Kokori could not be in this game...is there any reason to think they were not around long before OoT?

This is unlikely, but perhaps their ultimate location in OoT is a place where Skyloft fell from the sky...and they originally were the inhabitants of Skyloft...not likely...but possible...
Well, I do think it's possible that familiar locations like Death Mountain or Lake Hylia - significant landmarks - will actually be in Skyloft on their own island, not in Hyrule below (think like StarFox Adventures), so if that's true we might see the Lost Woods or Kokiri Forest up in Skyloft.

As for proof of the Kokiri not appearing.. I have none. I do have a couple things worth noting, but no proof. First off, I don't really get the vibe that the Deku Tree had always had the Kokiri with him. At some point he created him. Since Skyward Sword is bound to show us an earlier century, it would be weird to show a period in which things were not significantly different. Like a missed opportunity. I think the situation with the Kokiri and Deku Tree will be wildly different if they appear at all, and I don't personally thing the Kokiri are likely themselves. MAYBE the Deku Tree. Another thing is that the land below is overrun with evil. How could the Kokiri survive?

I agree but i believe we might see the Deku TRee since he was created by Farore since the begging of time. In OoT you can see how she leaves to the sky and behind her is the DEku Tree
That doesn't really prove much. That scene was symbolic anyway. And it was likely playing off the current version of the world map in that game. No statements or actual direct scenes indicate this, only this obscure background appearance in a representative scene. No statements confirm this.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
you can see clearly in OoT is the location in which the tree is you can even see the entrance to the hallway in which you get trough him and the Kokiri

and Farore only gavel ife to the red earth and created people to follow the rules and laws that Nayru had stablished

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
As for proof of the Kokiri not appearing.. I have none. I do have a couple things worth noting, but no proof. First off, I don't really get the vibe that the Deku Tree had always had the Kokiri with him. At some point he created him. Since Skyward Sword is bound to show us an earlier century, it would be weird to show a period in which things were not significantly different. Like a missed opportunity. I think the situation with the Kokiri and Deku Tree will be wildly different if they appear at all, and I don't personally thing the Kokiri are likely themselves. MAYBE the Deku Tree. Another thing is that the land below is overrun with evil. How could the Kokiri survive?

Well, we don't know how overun with evil it will be...there could be enclaves that are more or less protected. I don't think that it is likely, just that there is no reason to rule them out. Plus, if the Deku Tree is ancient, then it must have been around for many, many years (centuries? millennia) before OoT...so in a sense, how could it not be around, unless SS takes place waaaaaaaay earlier...

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
that is just like a sketch is way deeper what they created Din created the red earth and gave fertility to it Nayru gave color to the world and established laws and rules and finally Farore created life on earth and established Hyrule for people follow those rules and finally all together created the triforce that is basiclly the balance of life

oh yeah and Din gave light to the chaos

oh yeah and Din brought light to the chaos, and to be clear the laws Nayru made were not like (article 37 bla bla) i mean laws like gravity or cant breath underwater things like that

:shake:eek:h yeah and Din brought light to the chaos, and to be clear the laws Nayru made were not like (article 37 bla bla) i mean laws like gravity or cant breath underwater things like that

you can see clearly in OoT is the location in which the tree is you can even see the entrance to the hallway in which you get trough him and the Kokiri
Did you read my post? The scenes with the Goddesses weren't real. No one ever SAW the Goddesses make anything. Those were representations; Link wasn't even seeing that. That would just a demonstration for the player. What we saw or didn't see is kind of an abstract point.

Additionally, as I said, they were likely using the actual Hyrule Field model since it would have been hard to design a new area and would waste resources in doing so since it only appears for a quick scene.

Well, we don't know how overun with evil it will be...there could be enclaves that are more or less protected. I don't think that it is likely, just that there is no reason to rule them out. Plus, if the Deku Tree is ancient, then it must have been around for many, many years (centuries? millennia) before OoT...so in a sense, how could it not be around, unless SS takes place waaaaaaaay earlier...
I'm not ruling them out entirely, just saying they're kinda unlikely and that I personally would bet on not seeing them.

Exactly. And I do think Skyward Sword is going to be that far in the past. A long-*** time. We know it has to be quite a while. I suspect we're going to see another age entirely, without even the Hyrulian Royal Family or the current country of Hyrule. Absence of the Deku Tree would make sense in this case. Either way I acknowledged it possible we'll see him.

Although I do think SS will take place a LONG time before OoT, I personally don't think it'll be quite that long. In OoT the Master Sword is a legendary blade known by mostly everyone in Hyrule and still has it's own Temple built for it. For this reason, I don't think its actual creation (which we're assuming happens in SS) will be THAT long in the past, otherwise mankind will have forgotten about it, right? Think about this: Do we still worship artifacts that our ancestors used to vanquish the "evil" of enemy nations in the 9th century? To me, it seems like the creation of the Master Sword would had to have been long ago enough for it to become a Legend, but still not so far away in the past that people move on and forget about it. Think of the natural assimilation of different cultures across LONG periods of time, like several centuries or millennium. For example, we know the Gerudo don't exactly have societal problems with interrelation between species (obviously, otherwise....well how else could they continue their own?). So we know that after long periods of time it's most likely inevitable that Gerudo culture mixes and assimilates with Hyrulian. Another example would be to point out Ruto's romantic interest in Link, a Hylian, but that was most likely for comic affect so I won't take it too literally. Anyway, my point is eventually cultures would mix, and after millenniums have passed, important cultural icons like the Master Sword would become less and less important to the Hylians, as their "pure" culture starts to fade and mix with others. We saw in OoT how the Master Sword was still worshiped, so this obviously is not the case.

That was probably MUCH more explanation than necessary, but I think I got my point across.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out, that this is a reply to Axle's comment about how far in the past SS will be compared to OoT.

Last edited:

Jedizora

:right:
I would actually want the opposite, since the trees suck...and I think the Bokoblins are fine. Undies and all.

Well, I did not read that myself...but I have posted it elsewhere and others have confirmed it...does anyone here get Nintendo Power? Can you confirm that quote?
I can confirm the quote. that is what was said in nintendo power.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't think we will be seeing the kokiri. As far as I see it, there isn't much civilization is SS so there aren't many people. So in the forests, we'll only find deku scrubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom