• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Role of the Kokiri

I think we might get to see the Kokiri in this game because of its confirmed placement before OOT. its possible we may even see saria possibly explaining why she liked link so much in OOT. I think in the one of the screen shots we can see the kokiri forest. So im wondering if there could be any reason to put the kokiri in the game, I sure hope so because they're my favorite race

I heard that it was centuries earlier not thousands of years......yeah that would throw my theory of quite a bit

Well I don't think it would really matter how much earlier SS takes place. The Great Deku Tree and all the Kokiri are most likely REALLY old.... at least, they can be simply because they all live forever. Unless there is specific evidence saying how old they are in OoT (which I'm pretty sure there isn't) all we can assume is that they've been around since the creation of Hyrule, which is most likely true, at least for the Great Deku Tree. Maybe not the individual Kokiri we met in OoT, but all I'm saying is it's still possible. IMO, the Great Deku Tree will make an appearance, but in "the land below", not Skyloft! How would he have gotten down to the Lost Woods from there? We could possibly see Saria, depending on how old she is in OoT, but like Ember Incubus said, obviously we can't see her explain her relationship with OoT Link if he isn't born yet!

L

legnase

I think it would be awesome to see the Kokiri in SS. They are my favorite race as well. However I doubt that we will see Saria again(no matter how much I want to) since she has appeared in no other Zelda game, well then again we haven't see the Kokiri at all either unless you count the Koroks. However we might see the Deku Tree again.

yeah where I was going with that Saria link thing was that later link may have resembled the link she may meet in SS. BTW this forum is all speculation I have no reason to believe the kokiri are in or not in SS

I kinda wanna see the Skull Kid who wore the Skull Mask and Majora's Mask as a kokiri. I don't think it'll happen though.

The skull kid who wore the Skull Mask and Majora are not canonicly the same person. It was never proven.

Update: For the deREPer, yes it has to be proven to be true. If it did not need to be proven to be true, then that is like being guilty until proven innocent.

Update 2: Okay Mr.deREPer, I never said they are not the same person. I think they are the same person. I am just saying it has not been canonicly proven.

Last edited:
Yes, it was. I don't think it was said directly, but it was very heavily implied.

During the ending sequence in Majora's Mask, the Skull Kid mentions to Link that he has the same smell as the "fairy kid" who taught him a song in the Lost Woods. This suggests that the Skull Kid is the one by the tree stump near the bridge in the Lost Woods in Ocarina of Time, meaning he's the one that the young hero sells the the Skull Mask to. This would make sense since this shows his fondness for intimidating-looking masks.

That's from the Zelda Wiki.

It's much easier (and a lot more fun) to believe that they are the same then that they are different people. Why would Nintendo drop such obvious hints?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Nowhere is it confirmed how long before OoT SS takes place.

I think it would be neat if there was no Kokiri Forest (or perhaps it's off in the distance and unreachable), but the theme is incorporated into Skyloft's theme. I've been wondering if Kondo was beginning to adapt the Kokiri Forest theme into Link's Theme (since he hasn't had one).
This is true in Wind Waker, but not in any game after that. Also, I don't think the theme would go nicely with the atmosphere of Skyloft, so this probably won't be the case, at least not in this game.
Alternatively, I do hope to see some appearance of the GDT, or at least a GDT.

i heard this takes place 100 years before oot. i think ss will be about the war the Deku Tree Sprout tells link about in oot. it says that link's mother intrusted the child to the gaurdian spirit which was the Great Deku Tree. i think the Kokiri will be in this game. just as i think the Great Deku Tree will be. :D

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
If it's only 100 years, then it's quite possible for the Deku tree to be alive. Trees live for hundreds of years and OoT was the end of his life span. And Ember, even if it was thousands of years before OoT, it wouldn't matter because there's more than one Deku Tree. The one in OoT died and a new sprout popped up which I'm guessing is the Deku Tree in TWW. There could be a new one every couple hundred years and the OoT GDT could have been the 5th or 6th one, meaning the Kokiri could have been alive thousands of years before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom