• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rocks

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
dwayne-johnson-15-d.jpg

all of them

I used to have an answer for you. It was always granite growing up because when I was in first grade at the end of the school year, I found this litass piece of granite on the playground mixed with the mulch and I didn't know what it was. A friend of mine at the time told me it was good luck. That school had a buddy system and it assigned the first graders an eighth grade buddy, the second graders a fifth grade buddy, etc. and it was like literally my eighth grade buddy's last day of school so I found her and gave her the good luck. That stupid rock was what got me obsessed with rocks and why I spent literally all my recesses in elementary school looking for them. Gateway rock.

But like I said, now, I'm not sure I have a definite answer for you. I really dig obsidian, but obviously I can't find any here so the only pieces I have are some that I've purchased at some point. I almost got run over a car to pick up a piece of marble once.

Quartz is probably my favorite mineral, mainly because there are a lot of different quartzes and they are all really cool (Also granite has quartz in it kek). Agates are probably my favorite variety of quartz. I'm also pretty fond of my birthstone, alexandrite, which changes color depending on the kind of light--i.e. natural or artificial--is hitting it. (June has three birthstones: alexandrite, moonstone, and pearl). And finally, back to granite, mica is really really sweet by itself. It's this flat, platy mineral with dankass continuous cleavage. Also, one of its variant that is less uniform, is fuchsite and I have some and it is SO COOL.

EDIT: I CANT BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT IT. Hematite. Tiger's Eye. 2 ****in amazing minerals and I have a rock that is literally a hybrid of the two of them probably the best ****ing thing I have in terms of my rock collection tbh.

Last edited:

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I have some ruby ^^ and sapphire. those are great but my favorite rock is topaz, especially Fire Opal. the color is wonderful and well, fiery. I dont personally have some but I loooovveee it!

once when I was hiking through some woods my friend and I found a large rock and we decided to try and break it open. we tried for hours and eventually we dropped it onto another rock anti cracked open revealing that it was a beautiful hunk of quartz. I still have a chunk to this day.

Last edited:
I know that I still like to say I have them tho :p
o. i ln that case, have some raw amethyst. i think one i snagged up from a gift shop at a museum when i was really young, and the other one was a gift because my sister introduced me to her high school earth science teacher and i guess i impressed him so he gave me a cluster of amethyst crystals removed from a geode. i also have a single quartz crystal that is very distinct in its hexagonal structure that is probably like a half inch in diameter that i used to pretend was like those stones from the necklaces if the atlanteans from Atlantis: the Lost Empire.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I usually like any rock that has any really interesting mineral or crystal deposit within it. I have this one piece of my collection that has some crystals of Aquamarine, I found it in a shop and it cost me $210, but it was well worth it one of the crystals has this tremendous colour gradient that ranges from a translucent colourless at the top, to a more opaque sky blue or cyan near the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom