• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rito: Wind Waker or Breath of the Wild

Which Rito design did you prefer?

• Wind Waker

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Breath of the Wild

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
I'm not sure. I like both in ways. I'm somewhat partial to the Wind Waker's because they just had so many more memorable characters coming out of that tribe than BotW's did. And there was a culture driving them that wasn't just "we are birds." But the design of BotW's Rito do look good in a handful of instances, and the design of their weapons are equally good and fit their motif well. The faces of BotW's Rito look more seamless, sure--and since theyre literally birds, they can have different crests and such to create that individuality.

But the Wind Waker Rito have more going on than just beaks on humans, though. Their hair is often downy and their feet are birdlike. Their "Rito-ness" envelops their human traits more than what ya'll are saying. They're not friggin anime catgirls. But I think the thing that gives them the biggest edge over the BotW Rito are the fact they actually fledge though. I would take wingless human-esque Rito children over those horrifying bowling pin shaped looney tunes abortions wearing diapers we got in BotW.

Not really sure if I'm voting for either.

it's funny you say this
I personally hate what they did to the dragon roost theme in botw. It sounds a lot more aimless and aloof and loses the mournful aspect of it that really hooked me in ww
I mean, that's only a part of the RV song, though. The part of the RV song that remixes the DRI theme was going for a different feel, IMO, sounding like a song that someone like Kass would play, emphasizing the cultural aspects of the BotW Rito in the song, as the musical artistry within the tribe is something valued highly in the Rito culture of BotW.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I mean, that's only a part of the RV song, though. The part of the RV song that remixes the DRI theme was going for a different feel, IMO, sounding like a song that someone like Kass would play, emphasizing the cultural aspects of the BotW Rito in the song, as the musical artistry within the tribe is something valued highly in the Rito culture of BotW.
I hate what they did to it

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm a really big fan of the botw rito designs. I love they way their hand/wings are designed, it's clever and functional. The armor designs are also really nice, they're very well suited for functionality and culture. The ww rito just never stood out to me, they're basically people with beaks and occasionally wings. Their culture? They live in a cave and occasionally fly. Uninteresting. Botw rito really take the cake, for me.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I'm sure I like WW rito purely out of nostalgia but I suppose I'll defend it anyway. The team put a lot of effort into making simple cells exude personality and instead of feeling like facial animations, they felt like characters with countenances. Komali and Medli are really memorable to me but I'll be honest, probably the biggest reason I like the WW rito is that I associate them with the Dragon Roost Island BGM.

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
I prefer the BotW design, as they're more varied and they finally look like birds.
tumblr_pehfsxS6xh1x2q96no5_640.jpg
6_UWD_m4P29qDoKZMraLv_PbU7vCsD2ejByBTJjFSJZ9RDbAOO4D_XQUn4z5RIS9pW0

I always thought the WW rito looked strange, specially since they evolved from the zora. They don't resemble the zora at all and they don't look much like birds, either.
f1ccf55043b46e507857130639a9507bf4142da8_hq.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom