• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rito Tribe

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
Also, why did they move to Death Mountain? Jabun, their original guardian diety, resides in Greatfish Isle. Comparing the maps of OoT and WW, it appears that Greatfish Isle is above the Gerudo Valley.
The most sense I can make of that is if the entire Zora race, along with Jabu-Jabu, migrated through the passage to Lake Hylia, then upstream a bit, where Din created Greatfish Isle and Farore transformed them into land creatures. But then I have no idea why some of them moved to Dragon Roost.
Or perhaps only some migrated through Lake Hylia and the rest climbed Death Mountain (which neighbors Zora's Domain). That would mean the inhabitants of Greatfish Isle were the human forms of the Zora, and those of Dragon Roost were the ones to whom Valoo gave wings.
But then that raises the question of Valoo... Is he Volvagia? Why is he good now? Why is he supporting the Rito and not the Gorons? Why did the Gorons leave?

When did the zora's move to death mountain? Last time I recall i see them in the domain every game. There may be one or two who travel across the map but they are always in water or near it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
When did the zora's move to death mountain? Last time I recall i see them in the domain every game. There may be one or two who travel across the map but they are always in water or near it.
The Rito in WW. I don't know if they moved before or after they transformed into land-dwellers, but they did eventually end up on top of Death Mountain (Dragon Roost Island). Though I think some of them remained on Greatfish Island.

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
Centuries after OoT (the space inbetween TWW) was biblical in a sense. The Great Flood takes place, obviously wiping out pretty much everyone besides the Zora. Goron's are scarce in WW and virtually gone in the later (older) games.

I speculate that when the other races of Hyrule realized that there would be no more land, the strongest survived and took refuge in the mountain tops. The Zoras, being water dwellers, had to reverse adapt. No fish in the sea... they started dying out. Natural selection/evolution must take place. I can't explain exactly how a fish turns into a bird... but you can imagine that it took a long time. Long enough for the other races of flooded Hyrule to build the temples, colonate the mountain tops, and pass these down thru legend. the Zora are the only race that had the most trouble adapting (besides the dying race of Gorons because they don't swim) due to their diet, living style, and destruction of their diety in OoT. Just a thought.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I speculate that when the other races of Hyrule realized that there would be no more land, the strongest survived and took refuge in the mountain tops.
But the goddesses chose those who would survive, so it's not survival of the fittest, but survival of the chosen. And they didn't just 'realize' they had to go to the mountaintops, they were "commanded."

The Zoras, being water dwellers, had to reverse adapt. No fish in the sea... they started dying out. Natural selection/evolution must take place.
This seems to be what most people think, but I take the 'no fish in the sea' quote metaphorically, meaning they wouldn't have to adapt, Farore made them. Though there is no proof either way.

I can't explain exactly how a fish turns into a bird... but you can imagine that it took a long time. Long enough for the other races of flooded Hyrule to build the temples, colonate the mountain tops, and pass these down thru legend.
They would only have to turn into humans, Valoo did the rest. Even so, it would take millions of years for them to accomplish that, while WW is said to take place 'hundreds of years' after OoT.[/QUOTE]

...and destruction of their diety in OoT.
? You're saying Jabun isn't Jabu-Jabu?

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
You're saying Jabun isn't Jabu-Jabu?

Well a decendant at least. I know he makes an appearance as a dungeon in the OoA game which I oversaught in my first post.

As far as the "chosen" maybe the Zora got a little pissed that their race had to adapt and may be a reason they are an enemy as Zola's/Zora's in later games? It's possible I guess. I've alway thought the 100 year span is a little short but you make some good points there, Locke.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've come up with two more problems with my theory:

1) The amount of time that passes between OoT and Ganon's escape is unspecified.
"The boy's tale was passed down through
generations until it became legend..."
This could be hundreds of years, thousands, millions...
The only "hundreds of years" quote we have is referring to the period between Ganon's escape and WW.
Though Aonuma said it took place 100 years after OoT, that seems to contradict the game anyway. Perhaps he meant Ganon escapes 100 years after OoT? ...but then that wouldn't give enough time for the HoT to become legend.
This could support the theory of evolution.

2)Wind and Earth sages
As I said in the "how many sages are there" thread, I think the position of Water Sage was changed to Earth Sage by the goddesses at the time of the flood because they didn't want anyone to have any control over the water, and the Forest Sage became the Wind Sage because forests are scarce post-flood and winds are in abundance.
However, I seemed to have overlooked the fact that the Wind and Earth temples had been constructed long before the flood (their entrances are underwater), and the positions would have changed before Ganondorf killed the sages (Laruto and Fado are sages of Earth and Wind).
This would mean that the positions would have to have been changed before Ganon escaped, but I don't see any reason for this change to occur at that time. I don't really want to believe that these are two entirely new sages.

Could someone please help ease my mind?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
~threads merged~ ( Rito Tribe+ How Did the Zora Become the Rito? )

before you make a thread, please check if that topic already created by an other member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom