• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rise of the Dragir

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
This is getting interesting. I really like how Simerus turned out, actually. He seems like one of the more clever, determined, and cunning bad guys.

Thanks for including that character I came up with in there, Atsuma. :)

The chapter with the pirates was interesting as well. It sort of reminded me of that other story you were working on, AoTL (at least I think that was the one?).

I've actually been in a rather evil mood myself lately, so it seems fitting that my character is evil this time. ;)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oh, Athenian's... Ok, then, well good luck on next part!

Why thank you. ^^

Part 9
The Battle for the Newborn

Hyrule, Sunset

He came out of the portal feeling dizzy and sick, but Atsuma held the gun aloft pointing it in every direction just to be sure that no enemy was waiting for him.

When he pointed it to the left, a beautiful face that he already knew well, ducked down right away. "Hey!"

"Oh," Atsuma lowered the fairy gun right away. "Sorry, Lexi, didn't mean to point this thing at you, I was just afraid of appearing in plain sight of hylians or enemies..."

A scared Lexi stood back up, her eyes eyeing the dragir and her right hand on her chest. "Gosh, you almost gave me a heart attack, It. After hearing what the Zora said about that weapon, I...I don't want to be shot with it, there would be nothing left of me."

"I am sorry, alright?" Atsuma apologized but then he began staring around the place. Darkness was beginning to take over the day, the sun was minutes away from setting in the west. Atsuma noticed it and smiled, for he always had taken a token to watch the sunset and the sunrise. He glanced back at Lexi and asked her, "Are we in Hyrule now?" And he began to look around trying to get a better feel of his surroundings. Lexi did not let him though, she quickly grabbed him by the left forearm and said, "Yes, come on, it's this way, I was told to wait for you here."

Atsuma followed the dragir, for he really had no choice, she was clutching his left forearm tightly with her hand, pulling him along toward some heavy brush. They knelt and hid and Atsuma was able to scan the area a few seconds later. All he saw was darkish white, stony walls in front of him and open land to the sides and around him. There were a few trees scattered about but no living creatures could be seen nor heard.

"The castle walls," Lexi told him as she noticed how he stared at the walls then. "The castle is located on the other side, but I am afraid there is trouble going on here, Atsuma."

"Trouble?" Atsuma glanced at her. "What sort of trouble?"

"I used my magical abilities and spied on a few sentinels over there yonder, which I was able to perceive. They spoke about some trouble with pirates, and they believe those pirates will bombard the castle soon."

"Pirates? What in the Daelden's name are those?"

"They are hylians, silly," Lexi rolled her eyes at him and laughed lowly. "Just not good hylians rather enemies. From what I heard they ride ships and raid villages and whatnot. But come, we must not waste time. My job is to lead you into the castle. I am suppose to create a magical entrance for you."

"And the others?" Atsuma seemed confused, even felt a bit nervous of not being able to see them. Where were the other dragir?

"They keep hidden around the perimeter of the castle. The Zora warned me and probably warned them too, about an evil being who is coming to secure some newborn. Were you told as much?"

"Yeah," Atsuma nodded. "I am to get to a child and its mother before he does. We are to escape back to Dragiria."

"Back to Dragiria?"

"That is what the Zora told me," Atsuma spat.

"I wasn't told where I would be returning," Lexi shared with him, her voice nervous and broken. "Yara just told me that after I get you in through the entrance, I was suppose to stick with the rest of the group. Atsuma..."

"Yeah?"

"Half of the other group is here."

"What?"

"Yeah, that handsome dragir from house Blaster and a younger lass known as Hazel. They stand watch in the shadows at the other side. I think they are the muscle, our defenders should anything go awry."

"I see. Are you and I the only dragir from our group here?"

"No," she spoke. "Kate of house Manthys will provide support with her bow, she's a few hundred feet away from here, keeping an eye out for anything that might get in our way. As to Yosh and Axle, I know nothing about them, perhaps they are to operate under cover?"

Atsuma tensed at that. "So we are five, then? Fine, we better get a move on. Get me inside the castle as you were told to."

Lexi stood up then, and so did Atsuma, who appeared to be breathing heavily. "We are to wait until the sun sets completely," the thunder dragir told him. "So you still have time to suck in a good breath and gather courage, I can feel you are very tense, just like I am."

"I am not tense...Well...yeah I am...but I just want to get this whole thing over with and return to Dragiria."

"Atsuma?"

"Yeah?"

"Much rides on your shoulders for this mission," Lexi lowered her sight to the ground, which was hardened and with little grass coming out from it. "I come to understand now that your part is the hardest of all."

"Don't be silly, Lexi. You all will provide me with assistance some way. So...you are as important in it as much as I am."

Lexi glanced at the dragir then, the last rays of light fading in the distance. "You are not bad, Atsuma...for a warrior, I mean. At first glance I thought you to be different, like the majority of the reds. You, however, are different. When I stepped on you, I did it only to see if you would become enraged and do something funny. But you didn't, you were raised and disciplined well, and my respect for you multiplied many times over after you just took it. Other reds would of had retaliated back some way or another."

"Lexi, I have no reason to hurt anyone for such small incidents. I don't plan on hurting many folks, to be honest with you, I will simply defend myself when the time comes. As for hurting someone just because I may be able to do so, well...that is just not me. I might be a red, yes, but my father taught me well how to deal with the rage burning inside me. He said that if I let it get a hold of me, that I would..."

Atsuma suddenly went quiet, and his expression hardenend. Lexi noticed when he stared at the ground and licked his lips in a saddening way.

"What is it, Atsuma?" she approached him then, knowing that something had bothered him.

"Nothing, Lexi," he quickly glanced back at her. "Come...it is time, the last rays have disappeared. Lead the way, I will handle the rest."

Lexi glanced at him for a bit then nodded and said, "Very well. Follow me."

(Continued)

(This will probably be the longest Part I have written, so be patient.)

---Edit--

Yeah, Athenian, glad you like it. There is still much to be told about Simerus, just give me time, I am bunching everything together. And yeah, like I said, some parts that you read will remind you of stuff from the other stories. ^^

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
Wonderful. For some reason it reminds me of the Ascedancy of last. The story from before the fourms got wiped. Also that Alexz guy is awesome. Who's idea was that guy.(I hope I'm kidding. But, seriously good job.) Keep writing.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well, well. Hazel is being introduced, eh? Interesting... Can't wait. But don't rush it! No need to rush it!
Oh, I wont rush it, lol. It's just that we've arrived to these parts where she gets to appear more in the story.

Wonderful. For some reason it reminds me of the Ascedancy of last. The story from before the fourms got wiped. Also that Alexz guy is awesome. Who's idea was that guy.(I hope I'm kidding. But, seriously good job.) Keep writing.

Oh, glad that you liked it. And yeah, I am gonna keep writing it. :D

At King Daphnes' call, the castle elite guard had gathered at the center of the main garden, which stood a few twenty yards away from the castle entrance. After he had given them orders, the elite guard, which were some three hundred well armed and armored men and women, had headed out of the castle and had proceeded to march to the north, where the pirate ships could be seen a few hundred yards away from the beach. The elite guard pulled along catapults with horses and would use them to retaliate at the pirates should they open fire upon the castle.

Several hundred guards had remained vigilant on the several gardens that surrounded the castle and a good contingency had also been left to guard the room where the King's daughter rested with her newborn.

The King had led the troops to the north, riding a white, strong looking horse. They waited at the edge of the beach for the pirates to initiate the trouble.

"We haven't received the order yet," a fat pirate captain spoke to his eager crew. "Hold on, boys. As soon as lady Miranda gives the order, we shall join our brothers in arms and decimate the castle."

Suddenly, the wind seemed to die and the fat pirate noticed a dark creature flying high around the ship. Grabbing the shoulder of one of his lieutenant's, the fat captain asked as he pointed upwards, "What in the nine hels is that?"

The lieutenant, along with a few others who had noticed the dark creature now, just followed it as it flew around them several times. The creature came about and the pirates were able to see that it was wide and scary looking, two fiery red eyes stared at them as it flew close by. The pirates had to duck at one time when it sailed past them, it's black robe trailing behind and leaving the scent of raw magic. The creature came at them again but flew back out and away it went toward another of the ships.

"What manner of creature is that?" the captain shouted and headed to the beak of the ship, wanting to see where the mysterious creature was headed. "And what sickening smell just took hold of me?" Most of his crew had followed him to the beak, also eager to see what became of the being and were suddenly starting to feel as sick as their captain. Soon there was coughing and even vomiting going on with all the crew members.

Ganondorf flew around several ships. It was not that he wanted to be spotted and feared, he loved the fear that his sudden appearance was leaving on the faces of the pirates, rather Ganondorf was silently cursing the crews of the ships as he flew around them one at a time.

The sparkles of unseen, smelly magic was his doing, and that dark magic would take its effect upon his command.
He came upon the largest of the ships, noticing as he flew highly above them that they had noticed him since a while ago. The ship was dark and had white sails, and it was known as The Spirit of the Sea. He flew around them several times, issuing forth his curse.

Ganondorf let out a loud, wicked laugh and landed on top of the cabin's roof, the crew's full attention on him, even the beautiful blue eyes of Lady Miranda, the leader of the whole pirate armada.

Pointing a pirate pistol at the monstrosity with a trembling hand, she spoke. "Wh...at are you? And what do you want? S...peak before I shoot you."

"What do I want?" Ganondorf's voice seemed to echo all around the area as he stood eyeing the scared crew, his robe flapping with the wind. "Why I want your souls of course, dear. And I will have them."

Miranda, a beautiful pirate lass of no more than twenty one and who had never known fear, suddenly became very agitated and pulled the trigger. The steel ball hit the target but it bounced off his chest and fell harmlessly to the cabin's roof where it made a low banging noise.

Ganondorf laughed and then suddenly began to extend his arms to the side.

"Fire at him!" Miranda desperately ordered at her crew. "To him!" she added and her left hand went for her sword's hilt, but then she felt very sick, her stomach churning inside as a sickening smell invaded her nose.

"It is no use," Ganondorf's loud voice stopped those few pirates that had started to advance upon him. "It is already too late. I have sprinkled you pirate scum with dark magic that penetrates deep into the body and turns you into monsters."

"Mon..sters?" a scared pirate asked, observing his arms, which he suddenly felt as if something from within wanted to come out. The others felt the same and glanced upon themselves, even lady Miranda, who after feeling the odd sensation within her had let the pistol drop to the deck.

Ganondorf watched in delight as their bodies began to deform and turn into those dark monstrosities. "Yes, don't fight it! Come forth, my dark creatures, my newest creations! Come forth my lovely Stalfos! Come forth my lovely ReDeads and Wizzrobes. Obey your master's command! Head to castle Hyrule, destroy all in your wake! Leave none alive!"

Satisfied with what he saw then, Ganondorf grinned evilly and then turned his attention over to the castle, where his coveted prize awaited. He took off in that direction and at the same time his new dark army started to splash into the water. Skeleton-like creatures were the first to splash into the water, from all ships, then other creatures which resembled birds, flew out, while some slower, big headed bluish creatures moved slowly on deck.

(Continued)

Hazel

A Frog
Wow. The pirates has morphed into monsters, and Gannondorf has a very powerful army with him... Things have turned for the worse for the Hylians/Dragirs...
Can't wait for the rest, good job.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Wow. The pirates has morphed into monsters, and Gannondorf has a very powerful army with him... Things have turned for the worse for the Hylians/Dragirs...
Can't wait for the rest, good job.

Thanks, here is more then. :P

Atsuma and Lexi headed to where Kate Manthys stood watch in the shadows. She easily picked them off in the night with her dragir cat-like night vision. She sucked in a deep breath as she watched them approach, knowing that the time had come.

"We are ready to begin," Lexi simply told her, to what Kate simply nodded in return, giving Atsuma a brief glance.

"Follow me then," Lexi moved out toward the castle high wall. The two dragir followed, Atsuma carrying his pistol while Kate carried her bow with an arrow strung already.

"I will make the guards fall asleep," Lexi said as she began raising her arms as if to chant. "We don't have to hurt them! The Zora warned me that we must not hurt any hylians, they are not our enemies."

"I know that already," Kate responded as she watched the thunder dragir motioning her hands expertly on the wall as she designed a door. "The Zora said I was to use magical arrows that will put anyone to sleep. She provided me those arrows, so it will be fine."

Atsuma nodded at her, slightly, but the earth dragir just ignored him and turn her attention to the mage, who was busy tracing out a door pattern.

They could have just flown over the wall using their wings, but that would had been noisy and they would be detected, Lexi just forgot to mention that.

But Atsuma brought it up. "We could of had just flown over the wall, we are losing time."

"And have the whole dang castle sentinels all over us?" Lexi turned her head but kept her design going. "Keep quiet, It, I am almost done anyway."

Atsuma kept quiet.

Soon, a portion of the wall seemed to melt and a passage way appeared. Lexi glanced at the two dragir and noticed that they were too concerned with her design. "Go!" she ordered.

"Oh!" Atsuma snapped out of it and went in first. A quick Kate followed second and finally Lexi. The wall behind them went back to its original state in a matter of seconds, Atsuma noticing it as well as the other dragir who had turned around.

"The door..." Atsuma pointed out.

"Yes," Lexi took a hold of him and spun him around. "It sealed again, At. I used temporary magic, you know? I don't want my magical energy to drain so quickly. Anyway...it is time for us to head on over to the back side of the castle, the front end is too heavily guarded." Lexi glanced over at Kate and added, "You lead the way and fell any soldiers that might spot us."

Kate nodded and moved out. Atsuma hesitated a bit but then was pushed onward by Lexi, who again had to say, "Go!"

Atsuma ran after the earth dragir. Dang she was fast, but not faster than him. He caught up to her right away, so did Lexi, who had to speed her run up a bit in order to do so.

They used the shadows well and avoided coming in contact with the sentinels. Some were too busy talking to each other, though they did keep a good eye out, the dragir were just too stealthy. As they had come upon them, Atsuma took a good measure of them, for he had never seen a hylian before. What he saw from them sort of interested him, and he did not notice much difference in them. He had even stopped to check their faces well, but Lexi had shoved him on letting him know with a hushed voice that there was no time for that now.

"I am as intrigued as you are," she had told him. "hylians are cute, friendly creatures."

Atsuma had nodded and moved on. There were large trees and tall bushes that adorned the gardens, so they managed to arrive the backside of the castle undetected, having used everything to their advantage.

"What now?" Atsuma asked as he glanced around. There were statues against the walls and trees and shrubs, even a fountain way to the north where the walls seemed to intersect.

"I open up a passage for you again, that's what," Lexi said and quickly began touching the wall, feeling its vibrations. "Dang it, not here...too crowded on the other side...lets move a bit to the center."

They did, all three, and Lexi investigated the wall again. "Clear," she sort of said with a smile. "You aren't afraid of getting wet, Atsuma?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Never mind," Lexi said as she noticed how the earth dragir seemed to be impatiently staring at her. "I'll trace that entrance now."

She did, motioning her hands first and uttering words. Atsuma just glanced at the earth dragir as Lexi designed the door, however, the earth dragir still paid him no heed.

In less than a minute Lexi had the passage way open for the young warrior.

(Continued)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hazel

A Frog
Hey! Nice! I noticed some typos that I'll post here, but very good all the same!

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

her attention to the mage. who was busy tracing out a door pattern. --> A bit of an awkward full stop in the middle of the phrase. You might want to review it. Put a comma or something...

They could of had just --> It should maybe be: They could have had just

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I love this story.I can't wait until I get introduced.If I already did,I must not of beenn reading closely enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom