• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RIP Angela Lansbury

Archer

Whatever
Just before I turned on the TV to watch the Dodgers, I read online that British actress Angela Lansbury, famous for her roles as Jessica Fletcher in “Murder, She Wrote,” Eleanor Iselin in “The Manchurian Candidate,” and Mrs Potts in the animated version of Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” has passed away in her sleep today. She was 96 years old

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Yep, it’s quite a loss. I really loved her as Cora in Anyone Can Whistle, and she fantastically originated the role of Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd, was the original singer of A Little Christmas, from the musical Mame, and was just fantastic in the 2009 revival of A Little Night Music, as Madame Armfeldt.

If you can’t quite tell, I’m more familiar with her musical theatre roles than her film and TV roles, but my favourite memories are of her in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and in the 80’s film adaptation of The Pirates of Penzance in which her comedic timing really gets to shine.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite role of hers was actually in Nanny McPhee where she played the stuck up rich great auntie. But I also enjoyed her Stage work in Sweeney Todd. I am sad to hear about all these great older actors leaving us and I regret not meeting some of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom