• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Right handed Link: Do you care?

What I care about is what bootleg game development Nintendo does that necessitated them FLIPPING THE ENTIRE GAMEWORLD just to make Link right handed in the Wii version of TP. Like what the hell is this **** why couldn't they have just rigged his model for the right hand and then translated the input? Honestly this is even worse than the eight million Lily models in that one pokemon game.

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
I honestly do care. I think it’s just because I’m right handed and I prefer that link is right handed because it “matches me” and it’s kinda like the only aspect that whispers “customization“ like being able to name Link (except for botw which sucks). Like, I completed Oot just so that I can replay right handed... Just me? Perhaps.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I don’t really care, as long as I can play the game. I’m a lefty by the way :) but keep him left handed would be cool, letting left handers not feel so awkward.

People who use their left hands are just attention seekers 'ooh look at me I'm using my left hand to do things that should be done with the right hand La de da de dah' Just use your right hand like everyone else. It's not big and it's not clever.

I am not like that. I am so sad people are mean to lefties, they can’t help they’re left handed! Just be nice, Deus :kawaii::(

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don’t really care, as long as I can play the game. I’m a lefty by the way :) but keep him left handed would be cool, letting left handers not feel so awkward.

I am not like that. I am so sad people are mean to lefties, they can’t help they’re left handed! Just be nice, Deus :kawaii::(
At least you're not ambidextrous. Those are the worst of the worst.

I don't really care outside of motion controls, but I would like an option when they do put motion controls in play. I'm left-handed and it always feels awkward when I swing with the remote with my left hand, and Link swings his sword with his right hand. Originally I was hell-bent on keeping him left-handed, but after seeing how Breath of the Wild doesn't give me that sense of awkwardness, I think it's better if we had the option if motion controls were involved.

Right-handed Link will always seem illegitimate to me. Him being left-handed was a unique character trait at one point in time and also kinda kept with the whole "hero reborn" thing, each new generation of Link still being lefty and all. Not to mention that the original Zelda was based on Shigeru Miyamoto's adventures he had playing as a child, and Link being left-handed also came from the man himself being left-handed too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom