• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reworking the Hylian Knights

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
And you're really surprised he can't remember what he said a few months earlier?

What do you want me to do, puush the backlog for you.

Really Seth the moment i try to bring this discussion to an end, you basicly bait me to continues this further. What are you trying to accomplish huh?

What do you want me to do, puush the backlog for you.

Really Seth the moment i try to bring this discussion to an end, you basicly bait me to continues this further. What are you trying to accomplish huh?

I'm not the one baiting people, all I said was that when the original poll came out it was because Mases asked the CCs, if he can't remember doing that it doesn't mean he didn't do it. That's all I am saying.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I'm not the one baiting people, all I said was that when the original poll came out it was because Mases asked the CCs, if he can't remember doing that it doesn't mean he didn't do it. That's all I am saying.

Even if Mases suggested it, doesn't change my opinion of this method being wrong. I know for a fact that Mases doesn't want to get involved with the forums or else he would not have Admins in the first place. Clearly he did not properly forsee the reaction of this action then.

Fair enough. In my opinion I just feel that if it is something that in theory is meant to enhance the community it makes sense for the community to be involved.

If this were a position that involved the technical side of the site or something I'd get not involving the community, but it's a community oriented group after all.

Again just imo.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Fair enough. In my opinion I just feel that if it is something that in theory is meant to enhance the community it makes sense for the community to be involved.

If this were a position that involved the technical side of the site or something I'd get not involving the community, but it's a community oriented group after all.

Again just imo.

And like i said multiple times. I support that, just not with this specific sensetive subject. For example: I don't see whole USA voting first to have a war with Syria. No Obama just went straitly to NATO.

Also you said that you find that you have more right then me to vote for this because i was inactive. At least I know whats going on with the HK since the day it was created. But not after the second purge. Mases didn't knew what was fully going on. He wasn't even properly involved during the second purge. Only in this case, there wasn't going on something with the HK.

So from your standpoint, i find this a bit contradictory.

Last edited:
I think the fairest way to proceed is what JC suggested earlier in the thread: create another community poll. There should be three options on the poll: 1. Keep the Hylian Knight usergroup in its current form 2. Rework the Hylian Knight usergroup (specify in the thread below) 3. Remove the Hylian Knight usergroup. Since there has been doubt expressed about the legitimacy of the last poll, Mases should explicitly express his approval of such an action or even post the thread himself. If not, I would prefer someone who is indifferent about the usergroup to post the poll.

A community vote is valuable in this case because the Hylian Knights are defined as "role models for the community" in this thread. I've seen some posts saying that unranked members are not qualified to decide the future of the HK usergroup as they do not know how the current system is handled nor the inner workings of the subforum. To that end, I believe a repost of the thread introducing the Quarterly Nomination System could be made to better inform everyone of how nominations and voting are currently handled.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
And you sir are the perfect example of why normal members should not have a saying in this subject because most of them don't know the actual issues of the rank. But ignorance is bliss, we tried to isolate the drama within the HK. Yet the normal members just copypasta someone's elses argument to to come over valid with their vote while their true opinion is way somewhere else.

I think i explained multiple times of what the issues were in HK, but will just list it as simple as possible. Though i gotta be honest, i don't know what kind of issue triggered the poll of removal because the HK is a seprate rank entirely.

------

Exactly, which is why I was asking what the problem with the rank was. I see you broke down the problems in sections, thank you. It sounds to me like normal members are just sort of holding a grudge against the rank, thus the rank was considered abused. Right? So then basically a reboot probably won't work because the grudge against the rank will still stand. We can still phase out the rank, and give the majority what they want, but would the HKs be allright with that? I think we should just redo a poll as JC said and ALiT.

Last edited:
Rep brought up a good point to me that three options would not be feasible as it would be incredibly difficult to reach a majority for any one decision. In that case, I think a poll asking whether or not the Hylian Knight should be kept or removed should be posted first. If the keep position receives majority support, a subsequent poll asking whether to keep the HKs in their current form or rework them should be posted.

To prevent people who are inactive in the community from swaying the vote one way or the other, specific activity requirements for whose vote counts could be implemented. These requirements would be incredibly lenient to solely weed out those who are never on otherwise or solely create accounts solely to vote. For example, a poll could mandate that participants have been members of the forum f or at least three months and have posted at least five times in that same time frame.

With all this being said, it might be best to delay such an option until the current situation calms down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom