• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rewards in Zelda

Do anyone else reckon that the rewards in Zelda are not generally the best. I mean, for collecting 100 golden skulltulas/or 60 poe souls, you get 200 rupees , and unlimited money, but it is at a point in the game where you don't really spend money at all. And self satisfaction. For completeing the Nintendo gallery in WW, you get satisfaction, and a figure of Link. What prizes do you people think would be much better for quests such as these, or any others I have neglected to mention?

linkman8

True and Noble
Yeah, some of the rewards have been rather paltry in comparison to what you're accomplishing, though at the same time they have had some pretty decent rewards for difficult quests, like getting the Great Fairy Sword in MM in exchange for helping the Great Fairy.
Also, they can't give you a lot of reallly amazing stuff for doing the quests, because if it's really that amazing they would just put it in a dungeon and label it a key item.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Also, they can't give you a lot of reallly amazing stuff for doing the quests, because if it's really that amazing they would just put it in a dungeon and label it a key item.

I agree with this. I was thinking the same thing.

I mean, for collecting 100 golden skulltulas/or 60 poe souls, you get 200 rupees , and unlimited money, but it is at a point in the game where you don't really spend money at all.

I also agree with this. I think, for the more difficult sidequests at least, the rewards should be something great that will also go a long way for you in the game, not something great that doesn't really make much of difference by the the time you actually get it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
There are very few quests that I do specifically for the rewards, so I've never really noticed or paid attention to the quality of the reward as compared to the difficulty of the task. For things like the Golden Skulltulas or the Poes, yes, the unlimited money is pretty pointless, but after getting all the good rewards I wasn't doing it for the money anymore. These completion quests can only be finished near the end of the game, so at that point there isn't anything worth getting other than self satisfaction at having completed the game, and since it is a game, I find that to be enough. I mean, that's the point of a game, having fun. I think part of the reason for the more worthless endquest rewards is because the satisfaction of finishing is good enough in itself, or maybe that's just me.

However, if the series made greater use of game mechanisms like second quests, there would be so much more potential for good rewards, namely unlockables for the second playthrough. I know that was a huge motivation for me when I was doing the really hard quests in Okami.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom