• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Reviving the Ancient Robots

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
In Skyward Sword, you are able to revive one of the long-dead robots from the Lanayru Mines by supplying Gondo with an Ancient Flower.

Am I the only one who, after discovering that the Ancient Flowers could revive the robots, wanted to go to the Lanayru Province and revive every last robot? You can't help but love the little guys, and their circuits died so long ago, leaving the entire country as a desert of sadness. Some of the characters there you just wish didn't die, and the Ancient Flowers can bring them back.

But unfortunately, the game doesn't let you do it...

So, is there anyone else who really wanted to revive the other robots, such as Skipper and his crew, or the bots working in the mines?

Fig

The Altruist
Yeah, I really wanted to help the little Ancient robots in Skyward Sword. Too bad you were only able to resurrect the one that Gondo had. I feel so bad just leaving the robots behind, being forgotten for more generations to come in The Surface. :c

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
That actually never crossed my mind. But yes, that would be nice. In Skipper's Retreat there's a letter on a wall that says "dear Dad, come home soon" or something like that. Robots that can have kids? That's something you don't see every day. I wonder what the young robots look like...I'd like to find that kid and use ancient flowers to reunite the family. That would be a daaawww moment for sure.

And hey, I bet a lot of the robots would be more grateful than Scrapper. "Master Shortpants" isn't the best nickname to give someone who just saved your life. -_-

When i read the note in Skipper's Shack and then saw the little dead robots, i cried because i knew it was his family.. </3 I wanted to revive them all so much!

Night Owl

~Momentai
I wanted to be able to use time shift stones everywhere so I could talk to all of the robots. Sadly, It didn't happen.

I don't think just an ancient flower would fix the robots. They were weathered beyond repair,imo.
The one in Skyloft appeared to be in good condition aside from the oil of an ancient flower needed to lubricate it.

never thought about reviving them, but if we did, that'd be a cool extra feature that nintendo could've done.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I never thought of this. But here is another thing to think about, if the robots existed in a Past and SS takes place before all the games, where are all the robots at? Where is all the technology? In all honestly they were pointless and nonsensical.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
I assume they weren't revived after the game either. Lack of signs of their existence in chronologically later games unfortunately points to the fact that they were wiped out and never came back. :'(

I didn't actually want to, because all those robots are very rude to Link. Especially the on that you actually do revive. It would be awful having a ton of rude little robots going around insulting people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom