• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reviewing Old Interviews

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Thanks to the new interview section of the site, I looked over some stuff about Skyward Sword, I just thought I'd give my views on various tidbits found in the interviews.

Eiji Aonuma: Well, in the demo what you're seeing is an area that will actually end up being divided more – and of course, you won't be able to proceed quite so easily through it – but it represents a very early stage where Link, for the first time, travels down to the realm below the clouds. That being said, the giant skeleton that you fight when you go inside the tree, and [the fight against] the giant scorpion, aren't in those locations within the game. We just put them there for the demo version.

This first bit shows that the area in the demo is in the game, but not in it's exact form that was shown at E3, just like the Goron mines in the 2005 E3 conference. Also, the Squeleton and Scorpion bosses are actualy bosses in the final game.

Eiji Aonuma: I think we've talked with the media about this before, about Ocarina of Time being sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but, of course, in Ocarina of Time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this takes place before Ocarina of Time.

Just the way that Aonuma says this, I think is proof that the game explains the origin of the Master sword.

Eiji Aonuma: It's hard, obviously, to introduce major change into the Zelad gameplay, and one of the reasons for that is that we have some traditional elements that we have protected and continued throughout the series. You have a field, you have dungeons and there is a line across which area you are in, and which style of gameplay you are participating in.

This, I think, means that there is still a distinctive line between field and dungeon gamplay. Also, Aonuma seams to think that changing huge elements of the series would not be right.

I hope you guys like this thread, if I've made mistakes or anything, please just let me know, I'm new to this forum.

http://zeldadungeon.net/zelda-interviews/86
http://zeldadungeon.net/zelda-interviews/87

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would definitely think that SS would show the creation of the master sword. I'd heard that the skyward sword later becomes the master sword, so maybe that's the creation of the master sword.

Oh, and nice work on the thread. I'm new too, so I understand:)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
@ Azure Sage
Just cuz he said that the master sword is in the game (Oot) means that it comes after SS, I think that all games with one form or another of the Master sword come after it.
Thanks for the positive feedback :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom