• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[REVIEW] IGN's REVIEW TONIGHT 12:01am P.S.T

Z

zeld@

EDIT: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?25535-IGN-REVIEW-IGN-Gives-Skyward-Sword-A...

----------------------------------------
Don't forget. IGN will be posting their review of SS tonight (or tomorrow morning depending on where you live) @ 12:01am Pacific Standard Time...

Currently it is 8:30PM PST. 3hrs 30mins to go til IGN has their review and rating of zelda up. Will it beat Skyrim?? And if it does, is SS a definite for GOTY? Skyrim got a 9.5 and is no doubt SS's biggest competitor.. find out in 3 hours

:)

zelda-skyward-sword-review-preview_event-box-edited.jpg

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p1.html

IGN said:
Nintendo's latest Zelda adventure, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, hits stores on November 20, 2011. No doubt many of you are wondering when you'll be able to read (and watch!) our review. IGN's review will be published at 12:01am PST Friday morning - in other words, it will be up tonight.

While you wait, check out our latest video preview. We'll see you soon!

Click the link for their final video preview.

Judging by the fact that they are putting out a "review preview", I'd say this game could be very very hot at IGN.

Last edited by a moderator:

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
An Hour, and and 14 minutes for me! So Close! :D

Edit: I now realize EST is 3 hours ahead instead of 1. So 2 Hours and 41 Minutes... Still waiting!

Last edited:
Z

zeld@

Obviously not old enough to have mastered basic addition and subtraction....

Oh if only time were so relative.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
No... it's 3 a.m. EST, and 12 a.m. PST. sorry, its still like 3 hours away
... You know I shouldnt be so suprised the internet lied to me, but still, I was told that if it was 12:01 PT (Pacific Time) it would mean it would be 1:01 EST (Eastern Standard Time). As In, I was told that EST was only 1 Hour later of PT, since its right next to it.

But I now realize its 3 hours ahead instead of 1, My apologies.

geek4887

The Unknown
IGN has always been my best source for ratings (there aren't Zelda haters there *coughGamespotcough*). Anyways, I'm probably not going to check it out at midnight, but I'll definitely be looking forward to it! ^^

Z

zeld@

... You know I shouldnt be so suprised the internet lied to me, but still, I was told that if it was 12:01 PT (Pacific Time) it would mean it would be 1:01 EST (Eastern Standard Time). As In, I was told that EST was only 1 Hour later of PT, since its right next to it.

But I now realize its 3 hours ahead instead of 1, My apologies.

Actually EST isn't "right next to PT" (since EST means Eastern Standard and PT means Pacific which you know since you state such in your post). The pacific ocean is to the west of the United States, next to california... the eastern united states is on the other side of the continent near the atlantic... hence their naming schemes.. so no, they are not next to each other.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Actually EST isn't "right next to PT" (since EST means Eastern Standard and PT means Pacific which you know since you state such in your post). The pacific ocean is to the west of the United States, next to california... the eastern united states is on the other side of the continent near the atlantic... hence their naming schemes.. so no, they are not next to each other.
Did I mention i suck at Geology? :D

Z

zeld@

Hahah! IGN's site has glitched up before the review. SPOILERS! The game got a 0.

IMG]http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19460&d=1320991710[IMG

Here's hoping for a 10.

Was that a fun 5 minutes of photoshop for you?

A review isn't worth anything to me... It's one person's opinion on a game that I will probably like for different reasons. No two people are exactly the same, this goes for personal tastes and preferences. Even if they're similar I have found that there is always a difference, even if it's minute somewhere in the likes. The fact that this game is getting exceedingly high scores though is something that can't be ignored. It's gotten a perfect almost every time it's been tested and so I think it's worthy of actually taking these "arbitrary numbers" into consideration. After all, the number is just a symbol of how the game fared, as is a review a symbol of one man's feelings and interpretations about the game put into words. They are both symbols and if one is arbitrary then so is the other, especially if they are coming from the same source. You don't fail a test and say this doesn't matter, what matters is the test itself when in all reality that passing/failing grade can be the difference in if an athlete plays at his homecoming or if that student gets their financial aid for college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom