• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Review-bombing

Review bombing is a thing people on the internet do to drag down the average score of a product or piece of media by posting low scoring or negative reviews.

Most will rate some a zero out of ten and create multiple users so that each review is counted individually.

While some negative reviews will be genuine, most do it to show their dislike of the product in question.

Recently both Fallout 76 and Pokemon Let's Go have been review-bombed, with Pokemon being hit so bad that Amazon Japan has had to disable the rating system for that product.

The opposite can be true of positive reviews for people who want their favourite products to have a higher overall score on review sites.

Have you ever review bombed?

What are your opinions on it?

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I haven't. It's idiotic. Just because you personally aren't a fan of something doesn't mean your voice is worth more than everyone else's. Review spamming with multiple accounts takes away the point and meaning of a rating system.
The same goes for the other way around too. Positive reviews can be bombed just like negative ones are, and they are equally childlike.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No I have never review bombed. I probably gave games a 0 when they deserved maybe a 4 in the past but I never created multiple accounts to make it seem like there were more negative reviews than there were.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I can justify review bombing as a form of protest.

For instance, some shill who one of the major US news networks was letting run her mouth on national television wrote a book about how video games rot your brain and turn kids into murdering psychopaths. Ya know, the usual nonsense.

She openly admits that she has never played a video game.

So critics took to Amazon to review bomb the book saying that they gave it 1/5 stars even though they never read it.

It made some headlines... I think it got the point across.

Of course, Amazon deleted the reviews.

Ultimately, people are going to review bomb. I mean, they just are. It really falls on whoever's hosting the reviews to prevent it. Steam only allows anyone who has purchased a game and played it for more than two hours to post a review.

Zachie

Moo
Cannot stand it. It's childish. Just let people enjoy things, your opinion isn't the be all end all of opinions.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I sorta did this once to like one of my YouTube videos, but thats only because some toddler disliked my walkthrough video without watching it for political reasons. I deleted my channel though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom