• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Returning areas

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I see what you mean, but there'll almost definitely still be some kind of teleportation in the game, so Loftwings would be a form for that to take. But you're right, if they were in the game it they would have to take a pretty central role, and that could ruin the experience of exploring.
Honestly, if Loftwings were demoted to a simple warping system, I would find it pretty disappointing, because the prospect of flying them is tantalizing. It's weird, isn't it? For games centered around exploration, flying is conflictingly exciting yet bad for the overall game experience. The only reason it worked in Skyward Sword is that that game wasn't very much about exploration. At least, if it was supposed to, it didn't end up that way, because you were flying. Yet it was still fun to fly them, because you were... well, flying.

I hope some aspects of the Zora's return. The lakes in the Great plateau dont look like they can be swum, but hopefully another area will have an aquatic theme.

Honestly, if Loftwings were demoted to a simple warping system, I would find it pretty disappointing, because the prospect of flying them is tantalizing. It's weird, isn't it? For games centered around exploration, flying is conflictingly exciting yet bad for the overall game experience. The only reason it worked in Skyward Sword is that that game wasn't very much about exploration. At least, if it was supposed to, it didn't end up that way, because you were flying. Yet it was still fun to fly them, because you were... well, flying.
Yeah exactly. I suppose it's all about the balance of making the overworld epic without being tiresome. Something somewhat like what I was thinking for Breath of the Wild with Loftwings (which of course is very unlikely) is more taking inspiration from the Skells in Xenoblade Chronicles X. Or in Final Fantasy games when you get an airship. I suppose the key there is that often these would be introduced at a point quite late, when you don't want to be traipsing through regions you've already walked through a few times. Or in the case of FFIII the overworld just becomes immensely larger partway through the game.
I hope some aspects of the Zora's return. The lakes in the Great plateau dont look like they can be swum, but hopefully another area will have an aquatic theme.
As others have previously said, if we don't get regions that are Zelda staples like Death Mountain and the Lost Woods we'll probably get some equivalent. The interesting thing with the Zora's and their domains etc. is that I'm quite convinced of the theory that Breath of the Wild takes place after Wind Waker at some point (due to the sea salt and the Korok being found, while I don't want to turn this thread into one about the timeline placement, there's enough talk about that!) which would mean the Zoras would presumably not feature as they have vanished by this point. It remains to be seen if they could be in the game, but I think maybe a substitute for them is possibly more likely. Skyward Sword had the Parella for example.

I'm most interested in Zora's domain. Zoras in TP were really cool with the whole soldier/guardian look to them.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Given where this game probably takes place, the Zoras are probably extremely hostile to Hylians and might even be powerful semi-rare enemies in Ganon's army.

Which honestly makes me want a Zora's Domain even more. It'd be a perspective of the place we haven't seen in any game except ALttP (Not even ALBW had the same feel as ALttP's Zora Domain due to Oren) as not a peaceful water village, but instead a hive swarming with enraged merfolk that are appalled by your intrusion.. And it opens up so many possibilities for sidequests and potentially even multiple endings depending on whether or not you successfully make peace with the Zoras.

I think the lost woods is a given since we see what is clearly the ALBW sacred grove, to anyone who brought up the Lost Woods.

Going off of hwrdjacob, I actually think it'd be cool to see two different Zora's Domains; one for the hostile River Zoras that's more similar in appearance to Ku's Domain and then a typical Zora's Domain like the ones we've seen prior

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Going off of hwrdjacob, I actually think it'd be cool to see two different Zora's Domains; one for the hostile River Zoras that's more similar in appearance to Ku's Domain and then a typical Zora's Domain like the ones we've seen prior
Going off of that, there doesn't seem to be any Sea Zoras after ALttP in Hyrule, but I've thought about actually being able to explore Holodrum and Labbyrna since this game was announced. I'd think it'd be cool to go beyond Hyrule. But that's wishful thinking I think.

I stand by having an entire sidequest/subplot about restoring the Zoras' faith in the Hylians and turning them against Ganon would be interesting and something the series hasn't really done before. I think having Zoras be (initially) hostile would also hammer in the fact Hyrule lies in ruins in this game.

Man, I'd just like to see EVERY location return. If the world is big as they say, then let's pack in Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Zora's Domain, Castle Town, Kakariko Village, Gerudo Valley, Lost Woods, Skyloft, etc. etc. etc. Heck, why not even throw in some obscure locations like Subrosia or Crescent Isle?

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Man, I'd just like to see EVERY location return. If the world is big as they say, then let's pack in Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Zora's Domain, Castle Town, Kakariko Village, Gerudo Valley, Lost Woods, Skyloft, etc. etc. etc. Heck, why not even throw in some obscure locations like Subrosia or Crescent Isle?
We actually technically have Castle Town confirmed, it's just sealed in the bubble with Ganon.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Wait, really?
We actually technically have Castle Town confirmed, it's just sealed in the bubble with Ganon.
Wait, really? Where did we learn that?

I figured all of those theories were true that those ruins near the Temple of Time used to be Castle Town, but it's inside the seal?

I want to see new places and regions but the one I want to return is a Snowpeak, or something similar. Mainly because of the art style and graphical advancements. I can only imagine how beautiful that would look.

I would just love it if a version of Skyloft was in the game (floating island, anyone??). Also, something unexpected like the Sand Sea from Skyward Sword would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom