• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Retro Studios and Platinum Games at E3

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
So apparently, both Retro and P+ have some interesting tweets concerning Nintendo and E3. Both companies retweeted Nintendo Direct's tweet, which is coming next Tuesday, if I'm not mistaken.

Now, speculation gets us nowhere, but I would REALLY enjoy if we're going to get a reveal for a new 3D Metroid and either a Bayonetta 3 announce, or something else really awesome, along those same lines, from Platinum.

The Prime Trilogy is probably the best trilogy of ALL TIME, so if we are getting even a spiritual successor to that, I would be glad. And I'm not a huge action/fighting game fan, but Bayonetta 2 is firmly in my Top 5 games of all time list.

Some people are predicting a W102. I can honestly say I have no feelings towards that since I didn't play the original.

Anyways, I think we can safely say Retro is not revealing a new DKC (and I also hope so... we just got one), so it's either something new, or it's Metroid.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I never get the hype surrounded by these two companies; they've never really surprised me or made a game that I really like.

Saying that though, I think Nintendo fans deserve a new Metroid game and its criminal that there hasn't been a decent successor to the Prime series in nearly a decade. It's the perfect game for the Wii U for so many reasons. The Gamepad is literally made for this kind of game and the console needs a good FPS to spearhead it's marketing towards the mainstream audience. This is an absolute no brainer and Nintendo needs to take notice.

I have to say the Metroid Trilogy was simply amazing. A successor to that would be amazing. But also a new 3D DK game would be cool too. Sure that would be stepping on the Yooka-Laylee toes as that's the old Rare team. But I think Playtonic would be ok with that. I don't think it'll be a W102. W101 didn't really set the world on fire.
Past this I have no idea.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I never get the hype surrounded by these two companies; they've never really surprised me or made a game that I really like.

That's a real shame! The Prime trilogy is considered one of the best trilogies. If not THE best. And Prime was the highest rated game of that generation. I mean, critics' reviews aren't the end-all be-all. The games were great, though. Especially the Wii remakes. As far as Platinum, I hadn't been a big fan until Bayonetta 2. That's my favorite game of this generation, but a wide margin.

I have to say the Metroid Trilogy was simply amazing. A successor to that would be amazing. But also a new 3D DK game would be cool too. Sure that would be stepping on the Yooka-Laylee toes as that's the old Rare team. But I think Playtonic would be ok with that. I don't think it'll be a W102. W101 didn't really set the world on fire.
Past this I have no idea.

I'll be honest, I hope we never see a 3D DKC again. DCK64 may be the worst game I've ever played. It's just too repetitive. I hate collect-a-thons. That's why I have absolutely zero interest in Ukele or whatever they want to call it. Good for them for raising the money, but I won't donate a single cent nor will I get the game. But I think Retro has done enough DKC for a while. I REALLY hope it's not another DKC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom