• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Retina Display

David

But you called me here...
So, as many of you know (unless you live in a cave in the Arctic or something...), Apple has this sweet technology running on many of their devices. The technology, of course, is Retina Display.

Now, take a step back and focus on the technology and not just the fact that Apple is utilizing it. Don't want to have any fanboy wars or nothing.

Anyway, the Retina Display technology increases the amount of pixels in an area than standard displays have. This means that there can be a few million pixels in a single display. The newest Macbook Pro, for example, has a few million pixels in their 15" display.

I have had the chance to use the iPad with this display, and it is insane how clear the display shows things. I honestly can't wait for the technology to be utilized in more devices than just Apple ones, because it is absolutely amazing to use.

Have you used this technology? Do you think that this is an appropriate step for our display technology? I certainly have and I really think that it will help advance our displays, which unfortunately haven't had much renovation in a while. I'm curious as to what you guys think.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've used it and personally don't care for it (whatever I'm looking at is fine so long as I can see it). However, I will definitely say that it is a great step in the display technology that many people should get the chance to use! Clarity is a positive thing.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I love it. I have it on my iPhone 4 (which was their first device to use it too) and it's so clear. I've seen it on my friend's iPad and it's even greater there. I went to Best Buy today to see if they had the new retina MacBook Pros too, but they didn't have them out to look at yet sadly.

But yes, it is certainly a breakthrough in display technology. While many people may still mock Apple for various reasons, the fact on them revolutionizing many things doesn't change.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Yeah, it's just as good as a flatscreen. But the reason I bought a big TV is because I want a HUGE-*** TV. Not some tiny thing.
This sort of seems irrelevant since Apple puts the retina display on their iOS devices and some new Macs. They don't make TVs, but on a side note the resolution on the new iPads and MacBook Pros is higher than a full HD TV.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
The technology itself is phenomenal, yet I don't see the point in spending more on it. The old screens were great as well, so why should I spend more on the 3 when i could get the 2, the exact same thing, for cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom