• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil: Revelations - Your Thoughts About the Campaign and Raid Modes

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Hey everyone!
Recently, I've been playing the campaign mode of Resident Evil: Revelations, and I'm suprised I haven't torc-d* in my pants yet! I've already beat the campaign mode on casual and normal modes, and I'm still on Hell mode, but I made a seperate save file and started playing the campaign mode on casual mode. Here are my thoughts about the amazing story of Resident Evil: Revelations.

This is my first ever Resident Evil game, so I don't know much about the backstory of the characters, but I believe this title is a great introduction for this series to me! The story mode is full of suprises and thrills that would make you jump and make your heart skip a beat! Playing in the dark is one thing, but playing in the dark with headphones adds to the experience greatly! The use of headphones makes you feel like you're actually in the game! This game is the main definition of a survival horror title! Being in a confined space with enemies around almost every turn brings out the suspense greatly. This is one 3DS title you don't want to pass over.

Not only that, but the online Raid Mode is a great addition! The levels you can play are all based off levels from the story mode, and all of them can be unlocked after beating the campaign mode. Another cool tool in raid mode is the chat buttons! Simply hold the Up-D-pad button and press either A, B, Y, or X.
A - Come on!
B - Stop!
Y - Thanks!
X - Go!
These 4 different buttons can help out greatly in online play! Team up with anyone or a friend to tackle the levels if you cannot do it alone! Go and kill some zombies!

Now, it's your turn! Reply your own thoughts about the campaign mode and/or raid mode!
Thanks for participating!

(* - Red VS Blue joke)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Campaign: I'm something of a Resident Evil veteran, having played every title of the series, and I have to say since 4 and 5 came out, Revelations is a great reboot of the survival horror dealio. It encapsulates everything the old REs did while still feeling fresh and not so clunky. The actual plot of the Queen Zenobia has nothing to do with the overarching tale of RE, but it does loosely tie into the Mansion incident prior to Resident Evil 5. My problems with the campaign are as follows:
- Too short. My first run through campaign, exploring every nook and cranny I thought possible up til the final boss, was literally eight hours long. By comparison, my first run of Resident Evil 4 was around 24 hours long (GC not PS2), and my first run of Resident Evil 5 was a little under 18 hours long (360).
- Lack of variety in guns. I picked up around fifteen different guns, but the sole difference was their strength and their skins. At end game I ran MP5, M3 and I forgot the name of the magnum i used (Deagle? Executioner?) because the guns were basically stale to me.
- Lack of variety of enemies. Now, the enemies are scary don't get me wrong. But after seeing the five or so different Ooze, I get tired of them. The Hunters were a nice throw in as was the creepy as all **** Rachel, but the game needed more diversity imo.
- Game almost completely takes place on one freaking ship. C'mon Capcom, make me explore more of Europe!
- Plot is mostly irrelevant. Mostly.
- Jill's face!

Don't get me wrong, the game was great, but I just don't feel it's worth more than one playthrough (the campaign) unless you might've missed some important plot detail or just want to get the Inf Rocket Launcher.

Raid: Still haven't done Abyss levels or Trench, I beat Chasm though. I only have two complaints with raid:
- Same locales as campaign, nothing really new.
- Two players only? I'd love to party up with four peeps on ZD or something and beat the **** out of Abyss or the Ghost Ship!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom