• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil Revelations, Confirmed for Consoles?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
There being 50 achievements means this will not be on XBLA since XBLA games are only allowed a maximum of 30 for the base game. However, that still does not mean it will be a full boxed retail deal either. Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X both released as downloadable titles via Games on Demand, making them downloads but allowing them the full number of achievements and Gamerscore as a boxed game. Resident Evil: Revelations may follow in their footsteps and be released via Games on Demand.

I see this as nothing but good news. I probably won't buy the new versions, just play my good ol' 3DS version again, but this is a Resident Evil game that definately needs a larger audience. If this is a success and Capcom decide to make future games in the series in the same mould then that's marvellous news to my ears.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
[video=youtube;lYw9_naxzfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYw9_naxzfY[/video]

Officially confirmed for PC, Wii U, PS3 and 360. What system will you be getting it for?

As I hate to admit, I'm getting it for Wii U.

This is a very slick move by Capcom; one we should've expected from the get go. All I hope for is offline co-op Raid Mode for Wii U.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's coming to Wii U? Well then, if I do cave and decide to buy the game again, the Wii U is absolutely going to be my platform of choice :D

Correct. It is coming to Wii U. Resident Evil's heart has become part of the U's now. This game will open a door. One that leads to all Evils. Then, zombies will flock there from each and every one of them, to battle for the belt of Best Horror. And just like the legend says, the Horror War will begin!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It's coming to Wii U? Well then, if I do cave and decide to buy the game again, the Wii U is absolutely going to be my platform of choice :D

Pfft... some fan. I'm getting this on multiple platforms.

Anyway, HUNK is already confirmed to be one of the new RAID mode characters, I can only imagine that they'll include Barry, as they have expressed the idea when discussing DLC, in the past. If we're lucky, Capcom would be cool and add Billy Coen.

Kazumi

chagy
This is pretty good news. I didn't end up getting it on the 3DS, though I was considering it. 49.99 is a little bit more than I want to pay, but since it's coming out on PC (presumably on Steam) hopefully that version will be 39.99.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Anyway, HUNK is already confirmed to be one of the new RAID mode characters, I can only imagine that they'll include Barry, as they have expressed the idea when discussing DLC, in the past. If we're lucky, Capcom would be cool and add Billy Coen.

Are you BSing me? HUNK playable sounds REALLY awesome...but I can't help but wonder, will he be PAID DLC or what? xD

Let me elaborate. Fans that have been waiting for a proper Resident Evil game since 4.

They really don't deserve anything at all. If they were true fans, they would pay for and like anything Capcom throws at them -- it's what being a fanatic is all about!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Are you BSing me? HUNK playable sounds REALLY awesome...but I can't help but wonder, will he be PAID DLC or what? xD

Highly doubt it. I'm sure everything that has been announced, and yet to be announced, will all be apart of the digital package.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Capcom has today revealed that Resident Evil: Revelations is indeed coming to consoles, following our sister site's acquisition of the game's achievements a couple of weeks ago. Now the game's impending launch has been made official, with Capcom tagging the game with a May release date.

"Redefined" for home consoles, the previously 3DS only game will bring new content to PlayStation 3, including a new enemy, an extra difficulty mode and improvements to Resident Evil: Revelations' online co-op and single-player Raid Mode, such as new weapons, skill sets and the opportunity to play as Hunk and other characters from the series.

For the uninitiated, Resident Evil: Revelations takes place between the events of Resident Evil 4 and 5, and sees Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine, teaming up with their respective partners, Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat aboard the seemingly abandoned 'Queen Zenobia' cruise ship, as it heads towards the city of Terragrigia.

Resident Evil: Revelations will also make use of ResidentEvil.net, with gamers able to pre-register with the service from January 24th to earn access to extra themed content.

Resident Evil: Revelations will be heading to PlayStation 3 on May 21st, 2013 in North America and May 24th, 2013 in Europe. It'll be available as both a disc-based release and digital download version on release day.

Source: Resident Evil: Revelations Confirmed and Dated For Consoles - PlayStation 3 News At PS3Trophies.org

Artwork
tumblr_mh2ajjrDVI1r70mslo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh1rpsqcnY1qzwtdlo1_r2_500.jpg

tumblr_mh239hjxK01qky6o3o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mh239hjxK01qky6o3o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mddzd0K4yJ1r3rfp6.gif

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
They really don't deserve anything at all. If they were true fans, they would pay for and like anything Capcom throws at them -- it's what being a fanatic is all about!

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that being a fan meant you couldn't dislike anything from a specific series. Like maybe a Zelda game with the words "skyward" and "sword" in the title.
35nq8k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom