• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil Revelations, Confirmed for Consoles?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, back in late November of 2012, we received rumors of an HD port set to release on XBOX 360 and PS3 consoles. Capcom has since kept silent about the rumors and now achievements for the game are surfacing. Really Capcom? It's okay to come out now.

This is really great news! Especially since I've been holding off on replaying the game, until I got my hands on an XL so I can enjoy the game on a bigger screen. Looks like the screen was bigger than I thought.

Another way for Capcom to screw me then. I kind of figured this would happen since the creator of Resi said that Revelations was a great game that demanded more attention. Just like Resi 4 on the Gamecube when Capcom said that putting anything on a Nintendo console is like pouring money down a black hole, this new doesn't surprise me but it does disappoint me, I love REsi Revs and playing it on an HD console on the big screen and scoring achievements will be fun but what a waste of money on the 3ds version.... =[

It wasn't good or long enough to put on a console, I wouldn't say. :I

It was fun, but unless they extend the game to be twice as long, it wouldn't make a good console game.

Yes... because Resident Evil games have always been such lengthy games...

Yeah, but say, take RE4. Not especially long, but it was damn fun all the way through. A very perfect game. REvelations wasn't as fun, and I think was shorter. It would have been alright if it were longer I think. Just, it wasn't good enough to port to anything else.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Yeah, but say, take RE4. Not especially long, but it was damn fun all the way through. A very perfect game. REvelations wasn't as fun, and I think was shorter. It would have been alright if it were longer I think. Just, it wasn't good enough to port to anything else.

For what it was, it was a better Resident Evil game than 4, and is much longer than anything before RE4. Anyway, it's not being ported because it's "super awesome" or because Capcom wants to screw over previous owners. They're simply trying to expand the game to a wider audience/people who weren't willing to buy a 3DS for one game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Resident Evil 4 has a lot of bland action and non-existent horror. Resident Evil: Revelations is superb in both of those categories. Rev is infinitely superior.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Those achievements sound hard. This gives me a sad. Why make hard achievements fro games I love? Make them easy so I can get them all with no effort. They should be Press X - 500G.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Capcom oh Capcom, screwing me over at every corner. I wasted over $400 for the flopDS plus games, and now they expect me to waste $60 for this HD port (if it IS a port and not a remake)?

Sigh. I guess you could call me the dumb one for even buying REvelations; I was thoroughly disappointed with its length (8 hour game for one jaunt through the story mode lol), Raid Mode was fun single player and I imagine it'd be even better with multiple people. Still, REvelations for 3DS just isn't worthy of the $40 price tag, and an HD version won't be worth $60.

Capcom, if you do anything, release REvelations on the Wii U. I'll buy it then. :(

This is some great news. As long as they include all the content in the game instead of having all of that content as DLC, then I'm good because in case you haven't heard, Capcom stands for DLC.

Resident Evil 4 has a lot of bland action and non-existent horror. Resident Evil: Revelations is superb in both of those categories. Rev is infinitely superior.

Well, It may be unfair to compare the horror to RE1, but I didn't find REvelations scary at all. (Whereas RE1, and REmake are two of the scariest games I've played.) I didn't find RE4 bland at any point, I don't think, at least not in the initial playthrough. But I was able to play through RE4 3 or so times before it got too dull. I couldn't play REvelations more than once, though I think I may try again soon.

The Crank Puzzle in REvelations, with the steam blocking doorways, etc. Was there an equivalent to that in RE4? I'm not gonna use that as a point, but I hated that part a bunch, haha.

I will be fair, I think REvelations excelled in customization, especially. Different control modes, and changing the laser-sight color, those are good, and I wish RE4 had those types of things.
It also did good at multiplayer, though I wish it also had multiplayer campaign, but sadly, it's only the arcade (whatever it's called) mode.

Not to say it's a bad game by any means, It's just not good enough to port, I don't believe. I'd probably buy it, but I think It's just milking the game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It also did good at multiplayer, though I wish it also had multiplayer campaign, but sadly, it's only the arcade (whatever it's called) mode.

Not to say it's a bad game by any means, It's just not good enough to port, I don't believe. I'd probably buy it, but I think It's just milking the game.
I also wish there was a multiplayer campaign; didn't much care for the AI parts (like Jessica and Parker) and honestly wish I had a human player alongside me.

Oh believe me, it's definitely milking the game. That's all Capcom knows how to do in recent years. If we're lucky, they'll give us an HD PORT with a few added features. ^^

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Again...

They're simply trying to expand the game to a wider audience/people who weren't willing to buy a 3DS for one game.

Stop being so self-absorbed, people. We're not the target audience for this product, although, Capcom knows people like us will still buy it again. And Ventus, why are you going on about paying 60 bucks for this game? When was that confirmed?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Stop being so self-absorbed, people. We're not the target audience for this product, although, Capcom knows people like us will still buy it again. And Ventus, why are you going on about paying 60 bucks for this game? When was that confirmed?

Well you're right; it was never confirmed that we'd have to pay $60 for REvelationsHD. I mean, with the game as small as it is (roughly a little smaller than RE4), there are some good chances that it will be an XBLA/PSN game! But, I'm preparing for the worst here. Where I live, Marvel vs Capcom 3 released at $60. Then, UMvC3 came out at the same price tag. I just don't want to pay $60 and griping about it is the best way for me to cope.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well you're right; it was never confirmed that we'd have to pay $60 for REvelationsHD. I mean, with the game as small as it is (roughly a little smaller than RE4), there are some good chances that it will be an XBLA/PSN game! But, I'm preparing for the worst here. Where I live, Marvel vs Capcom 3 released at $60. Then, UMvC3 came out at the same price tag. I just don't want to pay $60 and griping about it is the best way for me to cope.

It's been speculated that it could possibly be an XBLA and PSN game in North America, while Japan gets a retail release. Much like the Revival Selection in 2011. But with the number of Achievements being 50, I'm leaning towards this being a retail release, period. 40 dollars seems like an appropriate price for this game, which I'd say is highly likely. Although, I'd be really disappointed in Capcom, if this is indeed a downloadable title, with Raid mode being DLC...

Also, you're the consumer, so it's your job to pick your price. No one is forcing you to buy anything at 60 dollars. Price drops and deals do exist. I was smart enough to hold off on MvC 3, seeing as it was a Capcom fighting game, and what do you know? Another version is announced months later. In the end, I walked out with UMvC 3 for only 30 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom