• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil Movie Preference- Live Action or CGI?

Capcom like to see themselves on the shelves... they really really do.

We have 3 versions of the same game in some cases (SF:IV) to fill up the shelves as well as their other titles including Resident Evil.

After browsing my video game store today i noticed Resident Evil in every video game section (Wii, 360, ps3, 3DS), Resident Evil in Blu-Ray and dvd...

Then i noticed- Resident Evil Damnation, 6 and Retribution have all come out within a few weeks of each other... bloody hell Capcom!

So.. with so much out there and the fan base being split on the newest game, i want to ask about the preference of fans to the movies. Do you prefer the CGI films- Degeneration and Damnation or the live action films starring Milla Jovovich?

My vote is going to the CGI films, at least they feel a little bit more authentic.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
CGI all the way. The live action movies are dumb fun, but the CGI films are closer to the games' continuity and even hint at the plot of the next game. For example, just months before RE5 released in March of 2009, Degeneration ended with the reveal of Tricell which ended up being a big part of RE5's plot. Yeah, you don't need to watch the movies to know what's going to happen in the next game, but it's cool to see the hint. That and the fact that the movies themselves are awesome. Especially Damnation, which I feel did a lot of justice to Leon's character. With the live action movies, all you're going to get is raped characters and lots of action.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom