• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil Mercenaries

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
Okay from resi 3 to 6 which in your opinion had the best or replayable mercenaries mode? Which had the best unlockables and other things of the sort?
For me I have got like 75 hours of gameplay in resi 6's mercenaries. I just love it that much!

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Best re-playable Mercenaries mode? RE6. I love having the mobility to run and shoot, and it's more challenging than 5's (Not sure about the rest). The only flaw is the combo crystals. Why is the time limit for them so short?

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
Best re-playable Mercenaries mode? RE6. I love having the mobility to run and shoot, and it's more challenging than 5's (Not sure about the rest). The only flaw is the combo crystals. Why is the time limit for them so short?

You just need to get the time bonus + skill and it gives you up to 8 minutes if you hit them all. Plus you need ALOT of melee kills for the 5 second bonus.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Spent over 100 hours in Resident Evil 5's The Mercenaries Reunion. I haven't played much of RE3's Mercs, but I have played tons of RE4, RE5, RE6 and REMercs3D. In my opinion, the Mercs modes (excluding RE3) are ranked like this:

RE5Gold > RE6 > REMercs3D > RE4 = RE5

I rank them like that because I find RE5Gold--The Mercenaries Reunion--to be the most playable (and casually accepting), whereas RE5--The Mercenaries--and RE4 both take huge degrees of skill to perform casually decent (meaning 4 stars for RE4, and a basic SS rank for any stage in RE5). I also highly prefer RE5Gold's score system (the combo-based system, not the time based one) to any other RE Mercenaries that I have ever played. Reunion might be an easy mode, but it's still the easiest to get into since every character is basically OP (though some characters perform infinitely better than others if you're a pro player), and it also has the best characters in their fullest capabilities: Barry and Rebecca. <3

You just need to get the time bonus + skill and it gives you up to 8 minutes if you hit them all. Plus you need ALOT of melee kills for the 5 second bonus.

Not even melee kills; you should rely on counters for the +10 seconds.

EDIT: The game with the best unlockables? Tie between 6 and Mercs3D. Skills to improve your overall gameplay? Yes please!

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!

For solo, yeah. I think if you play duo, you can get up to 9 minutes. But, I was talking about the green crystals. :)

Oh, before I forget... Carla is the best mercenaries character ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom