• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil 7? WTF

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Beating the dead horse. CAPCOM, when will they learn? RE7 is going to flop out the ass.

As someone who's only played RE4 and Revelations, why are people so upset about this game? It looks pretty scary to me. I think it's a promising sign that Capcom actually tried to establish a creepy mood this time around without someone gun slinging hordes of zombies with little thought.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
As someone who's only played RE4 and Revelations, why are people so upset about this game? It looks pretty scary to me. I think it's a promising sign that Capcom actually tried to establish a creepy mood this time around without someone gun slinging hordes of zombies with little thought.
I agree with this. I think it looks just fine. I loved RE4 and this looks like a continuation of that, without dumbing the game down to hordes of zombies with jumpscares.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Its a massive departure from everythinf that everyone wanted. RE has always been action intertwined with puzzles and ""horror"" right from tbe very beginning. Even if the gameplay changed with 4, people still regard that game highky becJss its in the same vein as 0-3. 5 and 6 went full blown action, but this 7 is LOL FIRST PERSON OUTLAST tier. It aint resi evil

Some of you know I'm a die hard Resident Evil fan, but I'm one of the few fans that likes every game in the single player series. Why does this version look uninteresting to me? Because it's first person in a series that I liked because of the characters. I don't feel first person will give me the same connection to the character whoever it may be, and beyond that I liked Resident Evil for a lot more than just it's horror aspects. I would say horror was one of the least important parts for me to like the series. I feel like a game like this will be about jump scares, and I feel like it's going to be a one play through only type of game.

Of course this is just a hunch, we haven't seen much of it yet, but this video makes me extremely skeptical I'll like it as a Resident Evil game. I'd guess I'd much rather have a new IP instead.

Sheik

:the:
I think the main complaints about this game are that it doesn't feel like Resident Evil, and that it looks like it's a game pandering to the crowd that loved P.T. and wanted Silent Hills. And from this teaser, it definitely looks more Silent Hill than Resident Evil.

What people were expecting - and what they thought Capcom was promising to deliver - was some classic walking around spooky areas and shooting up zombies, maybe with some really bad dialogue and some Easter eggs mixed in. They were expecting the balance of suspense and action found in the first few games. But they were definitely not expecting this.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm just very disappointed. When the game was revealed, it looked very interesting. I even joked to my brother and said "imagine if this was Resident Evil 7" and when the title was finally shown I was in complete shock and disappointment because while it looks like a scary game, it just doesn't look like Resident Evil.

Resident Evil didn't need fixed cameras and tank controls to be scary but once again, Capcom misinterprets what Resident Evil fans really want out of this series and rather than looking at what made the REmake such a survivor horror masterpiece, Resident Evil 4 so beloved and accessible, and why the fanbase still cares about the stories and characters, they go ahead and do what's trendy in horror instead.

VR is such a cheap gimmick and it sucks to see Capcom build an entire mainline entry of the Resident Evil series around it. My excitement was at 100 but that got brought to an abrupt stop by a title reveal. My only interest in this game is pure curiosity of what they're doing with the story.

**** Capcom.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Looks like absolute crap.

Let me rephrase. It looks awesome. It looks scary and that is a good thing, but this isn't RE. RE hasn't been RE since RE4, and the series is now even more dead.

RE used to be my second favorite series behind Zelda, but Capcom have really screwed the pooch, and now this series means nothing to me. It really kills me too, because I really cared about the lore, the characters, the story... everything. They ruined the series with 4, and it's never coming back.

That said, this game did look creepy, but it was more Silent Hill/Fatal Frame type of scary, not RE scary.

That whole end scene was so just ripped out of the 70s chainsaw massacre movie.

Also, best thing about re7 is how they keep getting the 7 in the title;

Resident E'VII'.

Bioha7.ard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom