• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Requesting A Trading Card Design... (read More)----->

We got a lot of good artists on here who are good at digital art... so here's what I'm requesting...

Think of a Pokemon or Magic card... Or some other kind of trading/playing card like that. I want to see something similar to that, but with Zelda. I'm not asking for a whole variation of cards, just one. It may be kinda late, but I'm also gonna say I want it to be Majora's Mask. Not just of that game, but that character itself is what the card should be of.

So, here's why I'm requesting this. When I think about some of those type cards, they usually have very artistic designs for the character. Pokemon cards and many others often do this... have different designs/pictures of the Pokemon, and between series of cards different artists would do different designs. Anyway, some of those looked really good. And I always thought the general layout of the card was very well-done too, which is why I want this on a trading card in particular.

Thanks to all who contribute!

Kybyrian

I can make a card layout, but there's no way I would be able to do something like creating an alternate design of the character. I don't have art skills like that. :P

Do you mean something like this?

MajorasMaskCard.png

I have the PSD file saved, of course.

By the way, do you think that would look better with the border on the top and left side as it is or fading from the red starting color to transparent?

I went ahead and made one as an example...

MajorasMaskCard-1.png

Last edited:

Valexi

Hylian Thief
It might be easier if I knew what these cards were being used for.
I could try drawing some myself, but it would be nice if I knew more about what you're looking for.
Cards to collect, or do you want fighting stats on them too?
Is a description necessary?

Maybe someone could come up with a standard template to use, and different artists can do different artwork of the characters to put in the template so everything is unified.
:)

Kybyrian

Here's a card I made.

deku-scrub.jpg

Sorry About the plain white background. I'll make a better version soon.

I think he's looking for cards designed from (pretty much) scratch by users. Card makers like the one you used have a copyright at the bottom right of the card and also probably not what he means when he says he wants a card design. Something original, not straight from an existing TCG.

I think he's looking for cards designed from (pretty much) scratch by users. Card makers like the one you used have a copyright at the bottom right of the card and also probably not what he means when he says he wants a card design. Something original, not straight from an existing TCG.

Great. I spent alot of time on that one AND replaced it with a new one. Great. Just Great.

Kybyrian

Great. I spent alot of time on that one AND replaced it with a new one. Great. Just Great.

Not that it's bad, but it's made from a website with a prepared template. Pretty sure he's looking for something that isn't an exact copy of something that already exists. Not to mention what you made has a copyright at the bottom right of the card.

Not that it's bad, but it's made from a website with a prepared template. Pretty sure he's looking for something that isn't an exact copy of something that already exists. Not to mention what you made has a copyright at the bottom right of the card.

Well, he said something like Pokemon, so I went to far ahead of myself and made one. Sorry Guys!

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
So, what I understand is, you want a trading card template with an artistic interpretation of Majora as the image? I can do that art, but I don't know what to do for a template. I think Valexi's idea was good, a standard template would help.

Right now I have this if someone wants to go ahead and actually stick it onto a card template:
MajorasIncantation2-1-1.png

Kybyrian

Right now I have this if someone wants to go ahead and actually stick it onto a card template

And so it shall be done. My template is rather simple... it consists of the name, an image, and a description.

MajorasIncarnationCard.png

If anybody wants the template for whatever reason I can hook you up with the PSD if you message me through VM or PM.

Kybyrian

If you want something with an actual readable description when you put it in the market, I do have a slightly smaller version. Modifications can always be made to the frame that contains the image and other details can be added, but I'd have to use large text to make it readable.

test.png

Steve

5/19/13
ZDcard.png

The heart meter represents the rarity of the card, and the number in the lower right-hand corner is the number of that card in the series. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Colors are subject to change. Whether that be the type of card, or the series, that is up to you, Mosley.

Anubis

The most inactive active
ZDcard.png

The heart meter represents the rarity of the card, and the number in the lower right-hand corner is the number of that card in the series. Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Colors are subject to change. Whether that be the type of card, or the series, that is up to you, Mosley.
Can you put up a download link for the PSD file please? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom