• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reputation?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
What if you could build reputation in SwS, You choose what villages you wanna be an ally with and it has different minor story changes like
who will give you a quest and who will sell a specific upgrade?

would add replayability to the game so you can choose if you wanna be the good, bad, greedy or funny guy throughout the game, and
maybe if you get enough reputation you might unlock secret clothing or weapons blablabla. :)

Now the way you do this is by choosing one option out of 2 or 3 what Link will say to other characters.
They should include rude, charmy,
funny and nice dialogues for you to choose from ;)

This isn't somehow related to your , is it?

Anyway, your idea isn't bad, I guess. It could use a little tweaking, however, to make it fully effective.

it would be... interesting, too bad this is zelda and I am not sure if I want this kind of differences in the way you play, I mean, story wise

TS, if you want a game like this, I HIGHLY recommend Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. The Fallout series is basically exactly what you described. I personally would like Zelda to stay away from a reputation system.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
If such a drastic innovation was to be included in Skyward Sword, we would already know about it. Something like this would play a huge role in the game if it was included, so I doubt that it is a feature in the game.

I doubt we'll ever see this in Zelda, unless the series needs some drastic changes...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
hmmm I guess you guys are right.. :'(
but atleast we have flight in the game :D something I was hoping for a long time :)

These kind of games are classified as role-playing games. The Legend of Zelda franchise has never really been within that category, and I don't really feel that it should. Link has a righteous heart and his character isn't to represent you; it's to represent the hero. So, no... I honestly don't think Nintendo should make Skyward Sword a role-play. Well, I already know they won't, but this series is fine as is and Nintendo has already established how the games are set up. If Nintendo were to suddenly make a dramatic change to the formula of the Legend of Zelda, I am positive many of its fans will be let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom