• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Reputation System -NO LONGER IN USE-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Don't moderators get an advantage?
You guys are pretty well-known.. And some people won't even read your post and just give you random rep.

Whateva..

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've got a question about something regarding the process of giving reputation. After you fill out the reason field and you submit the rep, it gives you the message that the rep has been given and that you might get some in return. What does this mean exactly? You're not supposed to sign the reps with your name, they're supposed to be anonymous. So how can you get rep "in return" if you're not supposed to know who is giving it and are not supposed to give it to anyone just because they gave you some?
Is this message supposed to mean something else or what? Because I'm confused.

There's no cryptic meaning behind it or anything, it's just like wishing you good karma or something.

Don't moderators get an advantage?
You guys are pretty well-known.. And some people won't even read your post and just give you random rep.

Whateva..
Not necessarily. I mean, any system that rewards from a subjective point of view is going to encounter bias, but we actively discourage giving reputation without reason

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Not necessarily. I mean, any system that rewards from a subjective point of view is going to encounter bias, but we actively discourage giving reputation without reason

I remember Mas' having 7 hearts a month ago.. Now he has 11, And he hardly posts anything on the forums. But then again Mases is the creater of this site, and probably the most well known person around here so it's not so surprising that he gets random rep. ;)

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I now know i should have not done the cousin post on SS but i am sorry and i will more careful!

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
It was removed mostly as an executive decision on the basis that the system was doing more harm then good, then the matter was put to a community vote and it was decided to keep the system gone.

On that note, unless the system ever returns in the future, there's no reason for this thread to remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom