• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Replaying Video Games

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I love replaying games. I especially like replaying Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. I've played through every Zelda at least 5 times. I usually replay a game a lot if it is a really fun game that I enjoy. Playing a game once and then being done with it is kind of.... Expensive....

Pixel

Smallest graphical unit
Well,it depends on the game
If I liked the game very much,and I'm feeling like playing it,I'll do it.
But there are some games like Pokemon Blue or Gold I've beaten so much it isn't funny anymore.

I give 90% of my games another playthrough. It's just fun seeing all the things you might have missed the first time around.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I often replay games, Ocarina of Time and Earthbound especially, I just can't stay away from those games xD

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Generally I tend to feel a little guilty over replaying a game because I feel like I could be playing a game I haven't beaten yet. Since I don't have as much time for video games as I used to I feel like I’m squandering my time unless I’m experiencing something new in a replay, even if I enjoy myself at the same time. It's almost a guilty pleasure.

I still do it pretty frequently though, it's just irresistible for some games. If it's been a while since I played it, or I'm replaying a game with friends, I'll be much more likely to want to replay a game. Usually I don't feel like replaying a game unless those conditions have been met, or I have a reason to view the game in a new perspective. Though I do often replay games because I've wanted to 100% or minimalist a game, those are huge motivators.

It depends on the game. Some games I've replayed several times, some feel tiresome since I've already beaten them and I have to do everything again.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
Depends entirely on the game.

If it's a somewhat short but extremely fun game, like VVVVVV, sure I'll replay it. I've beaten that game like a dozen or two times before, and I can 100% it in an hour.

If it's a game that you just can't get the full experience from just one playthrough, like Bastion, I'll replay it again. It's like one of those books that you can't learn all from your first read-through.

However, if it's an RPG or very long game (Zelda or Final Fantasy games for example), then I might replay it, but not for a year or two. If I have 50+ hours logged on a game (or even 20-30+), I'm going to want to take a break and play other games for a while, no matter how amazing the game I just beat was.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
I reply nearly every game I play. If it's just terribly painful to play through like Wind Waker or Ghostbuster II for the Amiga, I'll just watch the longplay.

Dan

Love replaying such games like sonic, mario and rayman. I'm not sure why. RPG games are great because you can normally play them differently than your first play.

Usually, I don't replay games because they're too linear and it would bore me to death.

Exceptions are:
-Pokemon, obviously to try out new Pokemon each time
-Zelda, but only after some time and when I come back to them I'm able to find new things <3
-Final Fantasy, I don't even know why but I still replay them again and again...

Compared to all the games out there and to the ones I play, it's a rather short list.
Replaying games seems just pointless to me under normal circumstances... :hmm:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Most games were decisions play an important factor in gameplay, like KotOR, or Mass Effect, or Dragon Age, I usually replay, since you can play them again, but experience the world from a different point of view. Most other games, likes shooters or action adventure games, I will only play once, unless I absolutely love the story.

Sometimes when I am especially bored, I will replay certain games but at a harder difficulty, just to pass the time.

If I find content in the game funny then yes or if it has multiple endings that I can unlock like the kotor games then yes. I can't play certain games again such as Gears of war the campaign of that bores the crap out of me.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
It really depends on what game it is. I would say though I have replayed Ocarina of Time the most for any game about 20 times or so. I also enjoying replaying Final Fantasy games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom