• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Replaying Ocarina of Time and Just Reached the Water Temple. What Should I Do?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
Well like the title says, I'm replaying Ocarina of Time and just reached the Water Temple. In my first playthrough, I relied heavily on a text walkthrough to guide me through the temple, but I did so for other portions of the game as well. However, this playthrough I haven't used a walkthrough at all so far, and it would be a disappointment to use one now. BUT, I'd like to avoid tearing my hair out in frustration at all costs.

I can't make up my mind whether to use one or not, any thoughts? :P

I wouldn't. I mean, I would, but you shouldn't. It kind of ruins the spirit of the Zelda games: purely to figure it out on your own.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
If you want to feel a sense of accomplishment then don't use the guide and do it yourself. If however you are stuck and don't know where the heck you are then us the guide.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Do it yourself. Guides take the spirit away from Zelda games imo. I mean, if you're stuck in one part for like an hour, then you can use a walkthrough to figure out what to do and then just go from there on your own.

That's what I personally would do and that's what I personally recommend.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
Well If you want to do this get the map amd compass and follow those. The maps behind the door where you meet Ruto(can't remember where compass is sorry) and remember you can play zeldas lullaby to raise and lower the water. Use farores wind if you have it so you can warp to the water level areas. Hope this helps.

zachev2kool

Hero of Winds
Well you guys have almost convinced me... I'm really thinking about playing it all the way through without one. I'm just imagining what the feeling would be like after beating the boss without any sort of help...

Sorry for the double post, but I'd just like to update that I decided to go for it and just beat it without a walkthrough. Thanks guys. :D

Last edited:

CuccoFighter

時間の英雄
Try figuring it out by yourself but if you get stumped at a part take a quick look at the walkthrough, figure out what you need to do then keep going on by yourself.:)
-CuccoFighter:cucco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom