• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Remlits--Adorable? OR DEADLY??

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I just want to take some time to acknowledge the most diabolical enemy in this game. They wander around Skyloft making cute noises and following you around. There's a particularly large . . . flock? of them on the left side of the Statue of the Goddess. I believe Fi notes something along the lines of "can become aggressive at night," but since A.)It was a while before it occurred to me to ask Fi and B.)I'm still convinced Fi's voice over is Glados backwards and don't trust her, this is what first went through my mind about these things.
Ok, so you first meet one of these things in Skyloft, and they are flippin adorable. They make the cutest noises and follow you around whilst mewing like a little kitteh!! Then you get your slingshot out to get into Beedle's Airshop and this thing just freaks out and goes and hides in a corner like the scared innocent Remlit it is (scared, innocent Remlit-- oxymoron?)!! So you put away your slingshot and go all "Oh, Im sorry little thing!! I didn't mean to scare you!" so it's huge ears just pop back out looking SO cute and you feel better. Then you have to go do whatever, maybe the Skyview Temple, so you have to leave it. So then later you finish the temple and you find out this little girl was taken away by a monster (Oh nooooes!) and after you gain enough info, you go to get her! On the way you find that adorable litle Remlit from earlier!! Except this time it's eyes are red and it tries to flippin attack you! You then realize that the whole adorable creature act was just a hoax to get it to trust you!! You immediately feel stupid for ever falling for it. So you attack this evil thing back, not once but twice!! It takes but two hits for it to realize that you are a more skilled fighter than it and it doesn't stand a chance. So what does it do?? It goes all "im just a pitiful little animal, why would you hurt me like that :kawaii: !? *goes and runs and hides in a corner whilst making some of the most dang pitiful noises you've ever heard*" And for a second you fall for it, feeling bad for the thing, and pick it up only to have it attack you again!! You realize that it betrayed you, and you go run after it to attack it again. After a couple sword slashes, you realize that it CAN'T BE KILLED (Its like the children from the Elder Scrolls!) and you resort to the one thing left-- chucking it off the edge. So you do that and are thinking "Gosh, finally, that thing's gone" when you realize how wrong you are. Because it came back. Flying. With it's flippin EARS. You then decide you don't like these things.
So, what are your experiences with Remlits, do you have a different opinion of them?? Please share :) .

I flipped when I realized they could fly. I heard a distinct "flapping sound" approaching, and to my surprise it was Mia. lol They are truly unique creatures; they can fly, swim, and Din knows what else they can do. Remlits are now my favorite enemy/animal-thingy? in the series.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
my experience with Remlits went like this: I saw Mia the first time and I'm like "this is the most adorable thing I've ever seen!" Then Fi led me along the ledge where Mia was sitting, but she was all agressive and stuff, and I was all like "I can't hurt a poor kitten!" Then I found them all around town, and then I found out they stop being enemies at night after you finish the batreaux quest. So then I put the main quest on hold and did nothing but that. Which I am still doing.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I find Remlits too be completely adorable despite there agressiveness at night although I never felt like hurting one so I always used the shield-bash.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"Aw, it's so cute! It wants to scratch my eyes out!"

I think they're adorable even when they are aggressive, and I feel bad about defending myself from them.

In fact, they remind me a bit of a cat I know in real life. I work at a horse-farm and there are barncats there. There is one bushy black male who's very affectionate and loves his ears scratched but is prone to going psycho if you rub him in just the wrong way (touch his belly or try to pick a mat out of his fur...). He's drawn blood on me, one time quite a bit and yet I always go back to making my peace with him and petting him *very* carefully.

The Legend of Zelda games seem to have a running gag about adorable, seemingly harmless animals that will, under certain circumstances TOTALLY DESTROY YOU! Chickens (Cuccoos), cute little piggies, goofy-looking goats... and now lemur-kitty-things.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
first thing i did when i saw Mia was to pick her up and throw her off the eds of Skyloft. was surprised to see her fly back on, so i did it again. come night time, i kinda deserved being attacked

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
Whenever i saw the cute little Remlit runing around i loved them! i picked them up and took it everywhere with me! but then as nightfall had just began....i saw the Remlit and i was like Awwww it sleeping! i ran up to it... but it tryed to acted like a lion!! i said "Forget you!" and i picked the Remlit up and threw him off the edge.

Feeling accomplished i ran around in circles....until i heard a weird noise...i looked around and there was the cat FLYING WITH ITS CUTE LIL' EARS!:D i was astonished of the powerful ears it had! but then i realized it came back to attack me! i quickly slashed my sword at it a couple of times and it ran off scared...i looked at it but i gave it no mercy, i was going to KILL this thing!

took me over a day to realize you cant kill the darn things-.- such cute innocent pets can turn deadly in a heartbeat.....danggg.>.<

Last edited:

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
The first time I saw one of these things I thought omgwtf is that ugly little creature and why is it a pet? They remind me of a spawn between a cat and an elephant. Horrid little buggers they are. During the daytime, if one starts to follow me I'll just pick it up and toss it in the water. It will start slowly swimming back, but it takes its time. At night, I try to leave them alone (their crying actually gets to me ;_; ) or knock them out with my shield, if they decided to attack.

M

MajorasWrath2.0

I would honestly buy one of these things as a pet, just lock it in a cage at night.

They are so annoying because they are so nice and then they want to tear your eyes out and when you throw them off a cliff they JUST COME BACK and you cannot kill them

Ghosi

Schmetterling
They were just so adorable, I wanted to reach in the game and squeeze the remlits until they popped. :lol: When I first saw them, I had to use the C button, then stared at them for a very long time. When the night part came around, I was almost crying because I didn't want to hurt the kitties, so I just tried to run from them most of the time. I accidently discovered that they can fly....I was running around Skyloft with one and at the same time, I was in a hurry to get to a new dungeon. So I got near the ledge, which is when I realized the remlit was still in my hand, and accidently threw it down. :kawaii: I was so devastated, and I kept telling myself I was stupid, until I saw something flying in the air.....

Zukoia

DestiaDestroyerOfBokoblin
At the beginning their cute after they attacked me I'm always slashing them when ever I see them annoying cute things D:

After seeing Mia the first time and having Mia attack me I just hit them twice on sight when I'm in Skyloft at night.

Didn't think to throw them overboard though! Challenge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom